Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Tony Dorsett

I think he's the only player. To win a Heisman trophy, a national championship at Pitt, and a Super Bowl. All in a year. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

Comments

• olb31olb31 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

could be. nice get!!!

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

@daltex said:

@stwainfan said:
    I think he's the only player. To win a Heisman trophy, a national championship at Pitt, and a Super Bowl. All in a year. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

No, I think Bobby Orr did that, too.

Bobby Orr won a Heisman ?!! Wow :D

• nebishnebish Posts: 45 ✭✭✭

Interesting question which got me thinking on that. Technically you are kind of right, it was a 13+ month period - as the Heisman was awarded back then, was it late November 1976 or early December? The '76 Pitt Pathers won the national championship following the 1/1/77 Sugar Bowl and the '77 Dallas Cowboys won Super Bowl Xll 1/15/78.

Still good test to go back and look for stuff like that, not sure anyone was closer than that year + a month give or take a couple weeks.

• 1all1all Posts: 498 ✭✭✭

@picklepete said:

@daltex said:

@stwainfan said:

No, I think Bobby Orr did that, too.

Bobby Orr won a Heisman ?!! Wow :D

Orr was also set to be the lead astronaut in the Apollo 14 mission but had to withdraw due to back issues. Buzz Aldrin once told Alan Shepard's pool guy that he wishes he had 1/2 the astronautical talent that Orr possessed.

• threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭

He did my in ground pool back in the 70’s…. It still gets rave reviews from my neighbors. Talent off the charts!!!

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.