Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Payments on eBay

Yankeefan320Yankeefan320 Posts: 160 ✭✭

I have been an eBay member for more than 20 years but just started selling again after more than 5 years. Unfortunately since I last sold an item it seems to me that eBay changed their process to the detriment of Sellers. I just made my first sale in more than 5 years. Since it is a low value card less than $10 I shipped it in a soft sleeve inserted into a Card Saver I in a #10 envelope. For a low dollar card I didn’t use tracking and of course for my first sale in a long time (Murphy’s Law) eBay put my funds on hold until February 2nd. The buyer doesn’t have a history of leaving feedback so even though I didn’t use tracking will eBay eventually release my money without going through loopholes to get it? It’s only $7! A few days ago I left the Buyer Positive Feedback and sent her a nice message to ask for her to leave me feedback. NOTHING, no message back or Feedback 😡

Comments

• Options
    SlipKidSlipKid Posts: 51 ✭✭✭

I don't know how long you'll have to wait for your money but if you plan on selling more low value cards ebay offers a relatively new service called ebay standard shipping that is under a buck and includes tracking.

• Options

@SlipKid said:
    I don't know how long you'll have to wait for your money but if you plan on selling more low value cards ebay offers a relatively new service called ebay standard shipping that is under a buck and includes tracking.

Yes, unfortunately I found out about that service after my auction ended. I wasn’t eligible for it anyway because my auction was in the wrong category. I will definitely use it in the future!