Home Sports Talk

Cowboys own Twitter account roasts Dak Prescott

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is just bizarre, the official Dallas Cowboys Twitter account sent this tweet out today, roasting their own quarterback, everyone's talking about it, here's the tweet:

"Dak Prescott gave away the ball twice in the narrow loss to the 49ers, in a matchup the Cowboys had a chance to win if they didn’t again generate self-inflicted wounds."

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh wow, just wow, apparently Mattress Mack lost $2 million betting on the Cowboys this past weekend, and he has a message for Dak Prescott, check out the video below.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2023 7:47PM

Yea, I read about that too. I could never before imagine having any sympathy for the Cowboys. But I do now.....What a miserable franchise.... With apologies to Laundry Hat.....The only sports team that I have ever rooted against is the Cowboys....For Reasons....It's all about the owner... What a puffed-up sad sack!...I feel for the Cowboys fans......They love their team.....

And,...The Cowboys coaching staff stinks....In the playoff game with the Niners on offense with 3rd and 2, and 8:28 on the clock.....CRUNCH TIME!..Shanahan totally tricked the Dallas brain boys! I saw it coming.... That play was the game.....THEN.....With 6:22 left on the clock, same drive, Shanahan made the Dallas coaches look like fools......Icing on the Cake.....McCaffery was the decoy...AND....The big money man on both plays....Dallas fell for it......I saw it coming from a mile away......

@Hydrant said:
    Yea, I read about that too. I could never before imagine having any sympathy for the Cowboys. But I do now.....What a miserable franchise.... With apologies to Laundry Hat.....The only sports team that I have ever rooted against is the Cowboys....For Reasons....It's all about the owner... What a puffed-up sad sack!...I feel for the Cowboys fans......They love their team.....

And,...The Cowboys coaching staff stinks....In the playoff game with the Niners on offense with 3rd and 2, and 8:28 on the clock.....CRUNCH TIME!..Shanahan totally tricked the Dallas brain boys! I saw it coming.... That play was the game.....THEN.....With 6:22 left on the clock, same drive, Shanahan made the Dallas coaches look like fools......Icing on the Cake.....McCaffery was the decoy...AND....The big money man on both plays....Dallas fell for it......I saw it coming from a mile away......

I thought the last play of the game was very bizarre, that formation, I don't know who called that play but it was awful!

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

The tweet wasn't anything that wasn't true lol

@perkdog said:
    The tweet wasn't anything that wasn't true lol

Very true! 😂😂

@doubledragon said:

@Hydrant said:

I thought the last play of the game was very bizarre, that formation, I don't know who called that play but it was awful!

Dragon Master, what exactly was the bizarre formation. I have to know! I taped the game but now I can't find it. Maybe they were trying to take a page out of the Niner playbook; I'm referring to the calls I mentioned above with 8:28 and 6:22 on the clock in the 4th quarter. I don't recall seeing that backfield setup since the Kiick, Csonka, and Mercury Morris days with the Dolphins. It completely screwed up the Dallas Defense..... And......It was a fake out!.....Brilliant!...... I gotta' know!

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

the best part was Zeke playing center, snapping the ball, then getting absolutely trucked

@Hydrant said:

@doubledragon said:

@Hydrant said:

Dragon Master, what exactly was the bizarre formation. I have to know! I taped the game but now I can't find it. Maybe they were trying to take a page out of the Niner playbook; I'm referring to the calls I mentioned above with 8:28 and 6:22 on the clock in the 4th quarter. I don't recall seeing that backfield setup since the Kiick, Csonka, and Mercury Morris days with the Dolphins. It completely screwed up the Dallas Defense..... And......It was a fake out!.....Brilliant!...... I gotta' know!

It was the absolute last play of the game, Dallas was trying to run a gadget play. Here is a photo of the formation. Mike McCarthy wasn't too happy about it, he gave the cameraman a stiff-arm after the game!

Thanks, DD. I remember it now. The Cowboys were desperate. The Niner defense was so spread out on that play that it really didn't matter how the Cowboys lined up. They needed a miracle. That was my thought while watching that play....
    This is funny but not really....I'm getting to that age where I'm clearly remembering things that happened 60 years ago but two hours later, I can't remember what I ate for dinner. I guess it happens to everyone.....

@Hydrant said:
    Thanks, DD. I remember it now. The Cowboys were desperate. The Niner defense was so spread out on that play that it really didn't matter how the Cowboys lined up. They needed a miracle. That was my thought while watching that play....
    This is funny but not really....I'm getting to that age where I'm clearly remembering things that happened 60 years ago but two hours later, I can't remember what I ate for dinner. I guess it happens to everyone.....

I hear you brother, time flies so fast, I'm starting to feel old myself. Heck, I hardly even recognize the NFL anymore, it's changed so much over the years.

Football I grew up with....

Football today....

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cowboys' Dak Prescott, girlfriend Natalie Buffett split: report
    The breakup news came days after the Cowboys lost to the 49ers in the NFC playoffs

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
    edited January 25, 2023 6:22PM

@Alfonz24 said:
    Cowboys' Dak Prescott, girlfriend Natalie Buffett split...

Natalie... Oooh La La...

Tommy's new squeeze... Veronica....

Dak and Tommy's heads aren't focused on football..
    Get Your Head In The Game Boys......
    OBVIOUSLY.... That's not where Dak and Tommy's heads are.🤔
    TWO LOSERS.... WHAT A SURPRISE!😂

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Listening to local sports radio here the day after the game, there was plenty of talk about the team's failure this year as well as the usual talk about the team failing all the time since the mid 90s.

The last play came up. I think the idea was for Dak to make that first pass, like he did. For the receiver to not get blown up. Then he would lateral it to Dak. Then Dak would make a throw to someone on the outside who had blockers. I guess that was their best idea in an impossible situation, IDK

As for the tweet, I heard an interview with someone from DallasCowboys.com, who also handles their social media. Not the guy who wrote the tweet, but someone. From my experience, and this guy confirmed it, Dallas lets their own media people be a lot more critical than many teams do. This guy confirmed the tweet could have been better written, but that the idea was that it was based on comments that Dak himself had said.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

@Alfonz24 said:
    Cowboys' Dak Prescott, girlfriend Natalie Buffett split...

Natalie... Oooh La La...

Tommy's new squeeze... Veronica....

Dak and Tommy's heads aren't focused on football..
    Get Your Head In The Game Boys......
    OBVIOUSLY.... That's not where Dak and Tommy's heads are.🤔
    TWO LOSERS.... WHAT A SURPRISE!😂

... ALright @Hydrant , you know I love you man. And you know I don't show away from giving you tough love. SO here you go... Calling Brady a loser, and lumping him in with Dak, is football blasphemy. Do you really want this comment on your permanent record?