Home Sports Talk

Motor Sports

HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 23, 2023 7:22PM in Sports Talk

Forget football. I've always been a fanatical nut about cars and racing. I got the bug from my Dad. He was an original member of the Hells Angels motorcycle club......Destruction Derby, Road Racing, Drag Racing, Dirt Track Motorcycle Racing, TT Motor Cycle Racing , ....My Dad was a pioneer, I think he actually invented the sport along with his best friend.... ..Motorcycles and cars were the focus of my family life as a kid. I'm surprised that there is never any interest on the forum about NASCAR, etc.
Anyway, I always wanted a Corvette. I never brought one because I thought it would be to selfish......
But.....A couple of weeks ago, Secret Inside Source bought a Corvette. He took The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant™ for a spin. When she came home she told me that, "It was really scary.... and.....I WANT ONE TOO!!"....
Well, Brother..... That's all I needed to hear... So, we got one...FOR HER! Anything to keep her happy!!!!
THE LOVELY MRS. HYDRANT'S NEW RIG!

Oh, Baby!

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you really buy that? Wow, sweet ride!

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23, 2023 7:20PM

@doubledragon said:

Yea, Lifetime dream come true. You only live once. That's what they keep telling me.......I drive very slow..... It annoys my passengers...... But yesterday I took that car out to a straight stretch up in the hills......Secret Inside Source told me that I'm the only person that would drive a Corvette at 35mph. Then he said, "Hit It!"...... Well, I did! 108mph in no time!....What a rush!
    Next stop?....Pahrump, Nevada. Secret Inside Source and I are headed there to some sort of Corvette training school!
    You Only Live Once....

Life's Been Good To Me So Far.....

Too Good...

Why me Lord what have ever done
    To deserve even one of the pleasures I've known
    Tell me, Lord, what did I ever do
    That was worth loving you and the kindness you've shown

Showboat, do me a favor Brother....Post Joe Walsh, Life's Been Good to Me So Far. The 8:14 version. It's on YouTube. That song says it all.....and....I just don't know why.....

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    Showboat, do me a favor Brother....Post Joe Walsh, Life's Been Good to Me So Far. The 8:14 version. It's on YouTube. That song says it all.....and....I just don't know why.....

Must be nice.

https://youtu.be/HcPq9O96qpE

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

@doubledragon said:

Yea, Lifetime dream come true. You only live once. That's what they keep telling me.......I drive very slow..... It annoys my passengers...... But yesterday I took that car out to a straight stretch up in the hills......Secret Inside Source told me that I'm the only person that would drive a Corvette at 35mph. Then he said, "Hit It!"...... Well, I did! 108mph in no time!....What a rush!
    Next stop?....Pahrump, Nevada. Secret Inside Source and I are headed there to some sort of Corvette training school!
    You Only Live Once....

Life's Been Good To Me So Far.....

Too Good...

Why me Lord what have ever done
    To deserve even one of the pleasures I've known
    Tell me, Lord, what did I ever do
    That was worth loving you and the kindness you've shown

You're a good man Hydrant, the Lord has indeed blessed you, enjoy those wheels, try not to get any speeding tickets!

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

WooooooWeeeeeeee......NICE.

Turn Traction Control off and hit it....be sure to record it...... B)

edited January 24, 2023 12:37PM

@Bullsitter said:

WooooooWeeeeeeee......NICE.

Turn Traction Control off and hit it....be sure to record it...... B)

Yea, you got that right if I know what you're talking about....
    So, When I went with Secret Inside Source on the test spin......I was going through turns and curves very slowly (like I do)....He said, "Push that button and hit it! Just do it!" I think it was the traction control...... I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT!!!!......That car holds the road and with the best ride ever.....Or is traction control the button he Pushed on the straightaway and then that baby took off like a Rocket!....I went from 35mph to 107mph(?) in a flash.....UNREAL!....Either way it's an experience.....

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

i can't believe i missed this. it's because of the title. boy am i glad i took the plunge and opened it.

that is a SWEET Vette, fire hydrant. if i was behind the wheel of that bad boy my foot would get really heavy.

enjoy every second of it!