Home Sports Talk
Options

Will Stefon Diggs leave Bills?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stefon Diggs was yelling at Josh Allen yesterday on the sidelines, and after the game Diggs was so upset he reportedly tried to leave the stadium until the coaching staff got him to go back. After the game, teammate Isaiah McKenzie reportedly spoke to Diggs who asked: "How? Every year? It's the same thing." Here's the video of the sidelines incident, do you think Diggs will try to force his way out of Buffalo, didn't he force his way out of Minnesota years ago? Or is he just frustrated and this will blow over?

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23, 2023 11:32AM

They got him signed long term so he will probably have just 2 choices

Get over the loss and regroup

Or sit out and don't get paid

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

He reportedly left the locker room post-game rather quickly. I remember the High School lesson that we get judged by the way we lose more than the way we win. That's getting to be a bad look for Diggs.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

Talented nut job. Always has been.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just another wide receiver nutcase/prima donna, there seems to be quite a few of these over the years with their drama queen behavior. Trade him for better protection for Allen, wide receivers can be replaced, even those who are top level but are limited in the brain.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

seems like cowboy material

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

definitely a bad look. why cant these guys understand that optics matter?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't like Diggs showing up Allen like that, but I do like knowing that losing bothers him in the worst possible way

So many of these guys act like they couldn't care less when they get bounced, and that bothers ME in the worst possible way

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    I don't like Diggs showing up Allen like that, but I do like knowing that losing bothers him in the worst possible way

So many of these guys act like they couldn't care less when they get bounced, and that bothers ME in the worst possible way

True, you can't have it both ways.

When guys get pissy about losing I'm ok with it as long as they don't make a fool of themselves and are sore loosers, I'd rather that than them act like they don't care.

One thing that always pissed me off for some reason is after the 2011 loss to the Giants in the Super Bowl, Matt Light and Gronk were on stage at a club right after the game dancing and having a grand old time whike every Pats fan was extremely pissed.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

When guys get pissy about losing I'm ok with it as long as they don't make a fool of themselves and are sore loosers, I'd rather that than them act like they don't care.

One thing that always pissed me off for some reason is after the 2011 loss to the Giants in the Super Bowl, Matt Light and Gronk were on stage at a club right after the game dancing and having a grand old time whike every Pats fan was extremely pissed.

I can (unfortunately) still conjure that image of a shirtless Matt Light boogieing like they are Studio 54. I was disgusted.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only thing I can say about them partying after the SB loss is they had probably put so much time into studying for the SB, now they can finally not worry about football.

How would you feel if Gronk complained about the fans were out partying the day before the SB?

I just feel that they probably had put so much into football for 7 months, several players just needed to let off steam.

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

@Alfonz24 said:
    The only thing I can say about them partying after the SB loss is they had probably put so much time into studying for the SB, now they can finally not worry about football.

How would you feel if Gronk complained about the fans were out partying the day before the SB?

I just feel that they probably had put so much into football for 7 months, several players just needed to let off steam.

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

I'd laugh at Gronk for saying such an absurdly stupid comment?

All we have to do is show up yo the game or turn the TV on, anything else is irrelevant lol

But sure I get the drag of a long season but act like your a little upset over it, I mean literally a couple hours after a crushing defeat at the hands of the Giants? A huge redemption for 07 Super Bowl? They are partying and happy as can be right after the game? No way, I was pissed and thought it was a bad look.

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

He did the same crap when he was on the Vikings. They traded him to Buffalo and ended up with Justin Jefferson.

Daniel
  • Options

@perkdog Here is something interesting and relevant about post SB loss partying.

My Mother sends me Sports Illustrated, other magazines, and occasionally Boston Globe Sunday sports sections when my step father is done with them. She sends a lot and they pile up a bit, so I don't always read them right away. Anyway, just yesterday I am reading SI's NFL season preview issue. There is an article on Joe Burrow. In it he talks about losing the SB. He says that he likes to watch the NFL Life episodes or whatever it's called. A football life? Those are good usually. I haven't seen more than a few. Burrow says he watched Kurt Warners, and that Kurt said he regretted not celebrating the loss to the Pats. So this inspired Burrow to still party after they lost. I guess I understand, because who knows when they will be back. He was at the planned team party. I think that is where Light and Gronk were too. I guess I can understand the need to decompress. But why not just go with a couple buddies, or your wife and some friends, and get a private room somewhere and talk. Why party it up like that. It looks bad, in my opinion.

The sad reality is that us fans take it harder than most of these guys do.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    @perkdog Here is something interesting and relevant about post SB loss partying.

My Mother sends me Sports Illustrated, other magazines, and occasionally Boston Globe Sunday sports sections when my step father is done with them. She sends a lot and they pile up a bit, so I don't always read them right away. Anyway, just yesterday I am reading SI's NFL season preview issue. There is an article on Joe Burrow. In it he talks about losing the SB. He says that he likes to watch the NFL Life episodes or whatever it's called. A football life? Those are good usually. I haven't seen more than a few. Burrow says he watched Kurt Warners, and that Kurt said he regretted not celebrating the loss to the Pats. So this inspired Burrow to still party after they lost. I guess I understand, because who knows when they will be back. He was at the planned team party. I think that is where Light and Gronk were too. I guess I can understand the need to decompress. But why not just go with a couple buddies, or your wife and some friends, and get a private room somewhere and talk. Why party it up like that. It looks bad, in my opinion.

I get it or part of it, I mean the season is long and a tough grind, and without a doubt I'm sure most of us fans take it worse than the majority of the players but hey we got a right to call them out when we see fit lol

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just need to know that you broke 35 things out of anger before you went to the club

Then we're good

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BaltimoreYankee said:
    He did the same crap when he was on the Vikings. They traded him to Buffalo and ended up with Justin Jefferson.

There's a reason he didn't get drafted until round 5. Despite being a very talented player, Stefon has some emotional issues.

He forced the trade to Buffalo because he was worried the Vikings were going to be a running team under Mike Zimmer.

The Vikings were very fortunate to get Justin Jefferson to replace Stefon.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

I get it or part of it, I mean the season is long and a tough grind, and without a doubt I'm sure most of us fans take it worse than the majority of the players but hey we got a right to call them out when we see fit lol

I agree.

Talking about this made me think...after that SB, Light still had a year to go on his contract. But he retired. Maybe he knew that was it for him. 🤷

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll take Allen over Diggs any day when picking my team so yes, Diggs has got to go given his bad behavior in the Cincy game.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...