Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL selling tickets to Bills vs Chiefs AFC Championship?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently, the NFL is already selling tickets for the Bills vs Chiefs AFC Championship game to be held at a neutral site, Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon has noticed and isn't too happy about it:

"To be honest, it's disrespectful, but we're not worried about that sh**," Mixon said, h/t SI.com. "We got a game to play on Sunday right? Like I said we are gonna go out there on Sunday and we're gonna do what the hell we got to do to come back with that W. And then we're going to see what they're talking about."

Comments

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's much ado about nothing, they're selling the tickets to be prepared in the event of a KC vs. Buffalo game. Joe Mixon and any other Bengal/Bengal fans who are worked up about it are wasting their time and energy.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mixon and the Bengals have grown to weaponize anything they perceive as disrespect, they're going to use this as motivation, this is a dangerous game for the Bills.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2023 1:48PM

@doubledragon said:
    Apparently, the NFL is already selling tickets for the Bills vs Chiefs AFC Championship game to be held at a neutral site......

I don't doubt it for an instant. If it is true, I know exactly who the NFL is selling those tickets to.....The corporations that advertise during the games. Pizza, Hamburger, Fried Chicken, Insurance companies, Ford and General Motors. When it gets down to the local fans for AFC and NFC championship games and the SB?....The NFL could care less about them. Screw 'em. It's all about money... Keep the BIG MONEY BOYS happy. The advertisors get the tickets and the fans get the lottery. The NFL knows what side their bread is buttered on..... I know the deal.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2023 3:48PM

Every team sells playoff ticket when their team makes the playoffs. It’s common practice. Just because Mixon is ignorant of the fact doesn’t mean the Chiefs aren’t selling ticket vs Cincinnati or Cincinnati doing the same. For season ticket holders if they don’t make it they take that off next years tickets. Much ado about nothing

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    edited January 20, 2023 5:02PM

@2dueces said:
    Every team sells playoff ticket when their team makes the playoffs.......For season ticket holders if they don’t make it they take that off next years tickets. Much ado about nothing

With all due respect, 2dueces, What Planet Are You Living On? Of course the "team" sells tickets to playoff games! This thread is about NFL interference in "team" ticket sales. And...season ticket holders DO NOT get any discount on the next seasons tickets if they don't get lucky in the lottery! The season ticket holders are the first ones screwed come SB time. THE PRICE OF TICKETS ALWAYS INCREASES reguardless! .. Been there done that Brother. When it comes down to buying season tickets?....The sales pitch is no different from a used car salesman. When there's a problem after the sale?...You did not read the fine print...SUCKER!...Buyer beware.....
    The NFL Holds All The Cards....

And The Dice Are Loaded....

• Options
    edited January 20, 2023 6:25PM

BS. If the playoff ticket goes unused the season ticket holder gets that off next year’s season tickets. Where do you buy your tickets. Enough. I see your posts and wonder what it is about you. I honestly question anything you say. Especially this. Enough already

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2023 12:51AM

Hey, 2Dueces. The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant™ and I watched a great movie last night on t.v...... The Bank Dick....starring W.C. Fields....The Lovely One laughed her as* off! I liked watching her laugh even more than I liked watching the movie! That movie is FUNNY!....

During the movie I told the Lovely Mrs.Hydrant™ about your by line...." I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.".....Then The Lovely One said, "Sounds just like you!"..... Well,....she got that one right!

Love You Brother....

• Options

You too!! 😎

W.C.Fields