Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

COVID Cards

Noticed a few cards in the past year or so with player's pictures showing them wearing a mask. Just wondering how everyone feels about it. Is it an important component of the historical sports record that should be documented in trading card form, or should it have been left out altogether?

Comments

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Empty stands photos are interesting. I vividly remember watching NBA games the night Gobert tested positive and games started getting cancelled live on TV. Reality set in for me that night.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

Virtue signa> @Jayman1982 said:

I'm of the mind that I would rather not be reminded about it in my personal hobby, they surely could have sourced photos without masks. Empty seating in the background I get, totally unavoidable.

virtue signaling......gotta show the world how much you care

• Options
    Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

@billwaltonsbeard said:
    Virtue signa> @Jayman1982 said:

I'm of the mind that I would rather not be reminded about it in my personal hobby, they surely could have sourced photos without masks. Empty seating in the background I get, totally unavoidable.

virtue signaling......gotta show the world how much you care

Yep, so we know Upper Deck's position. I don't follow the bigger players in the market though, Did Topps and Panini issue their own in other sports?

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭

If that is the best/only image they could get or the player didn't get a card in the set, I guess I could understand. I don't like it, not because of the political polarity, but because why the F would I want a photo of someone with their face obscured, especially with a surgical mark?

If the reason behind using a picture like that is to capture the feel of 2020, I'd rather not see it myself.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.