Home Sports Talk
Options

The Aaron Rodgers offseason saga

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

No sir, Sheriff Rodgers is not to be outdone by the Tom Brady offseason saga, the Sheriff takes a backseat to no one. This is going to be a fun story to cover. What will he do, play for the Packers? Play for another team? Retire? Welcome to the Aaron Rodgers offseason saga!

Comments

• Options

Here we go, we have our first story, Aaron Rodgers recently commented that he thinks he can win another MVP award, and Rob Gronkowski took issue with that comment, wondering why he cares about MVPs, when he should care about Super Bowls.

Rob Gronkowski criticizes Aaron Rodgers saying he can win MVP again: ‘Don’t you want Super Bowls?'

Aside from saying he’s not “mentally or emotionally ready” to make decisions about his future with the Green Bay Packers, quarterback Aaron Rodgers also recently made a statement about his playing ability that four-time All-Pro Rob Gronkowski took issue with.

“Do I still think I can play? Of course. Of course,” Rodgers said in his first postseason appearance on "The Pat McAfee Show." “Can I play at a high level? Yeah. The highest. I think I can win MVP again in the right situation. Right situation, is that Green Bay or is that somewhere else? I’m not sure, but I don’t think you should shut down any opportunity.”

The retired tight end made an appearance on FanDuel TV’s “Up & Adams” and was asked his take on Rodgers’ statement.

“I’m totally fine with everything he said except for one major part — and that’s the ‘MVP again,’” Gronkowski said. “Bro, why are you thinking MVP? Don’t you want Super Bowls?”

He went on to critique Rodgers’ priorities, adding that “Super Bowls are, I think, five times greater than an MVP award.”

It’s possible that Rodgers has a different perspective. He won a Super Bowl in 2011, his only appearance in the game, but has won four MVP awards.

It’s clear that the veteran quarterback places value in the MVP award, as he mentioned in response to his doubters. “A lot of people said I was washed, and then I won two MVPs without really doing anything different,” Rodgers said with a smile on Tuesday.

The inevitable Tom Brady mention
    Gronkowski’s inclination to take issue with Rodgers’ stance is likely informed by Tom Brady’s leadership, under which he spent his entire 11-year NFL career. The duo won four Super Bowls together.

Brady, a seven-time Super Bowl winning quarterback, has won the MVP award three times. He holds the record for most Super Bowl MVP awards with five.

Rodgers, 39, and Brady, 45, have both been centered in discussions about potential retirement.

• Options

We have another scoop, Aaron Rodgers says he will continue to use Ayahuasca hallucinating tea.

Aaron Rodgers says he’ll likely do ayahuasca again as NFL future remains unclear

Aaron Rodgers told "The Pat McAfee Show" he is looking to revisit ayahuasca in the off-season.

Bottoms up.

As Aaron Rodgers continues to navigate through the future of his NFL career, the Green Bay Packers quarterback knows what he’ll be doing off the field.

How Packers are dealing with Aaron Rodgers uncertainty
    Appearing on “The Pat McAfee Show” Tuesday to divulge his plans for the offseason, the 39-year-old said he’s looking to revisit ayahuasca in the near future.

“There won’t be another sitting and ceremony before the decision, I can tell you that,” Rodgers said on the podcast, referring to the three-night event he took part in last year. “Perhaps after.”

Rodgers has been open about his use of ayahuasca — a psychoactive tea containing the hallucinogenic drug DMT.

The drug has been used for thousands of years as a traditional healing method in Central and South America.

"I think you always have a feeling where you're leaning but there's a lot of things that come into play."

The athlete previously said psychedelic drugs not only helped improve his mental health, but ultimately led him to the “best season” of his NFL career.

Calling himself a “hippie,” Rodgers told host Pat McAfee that his love for “applied medicine” was born after suffering a serious of injuries on the field.

“There was some deep contemplation,” Rodgers said. “Who am I without football, who am I without the game?”

“Who am I outside of the number 12 you see on the field?” he said he asked himself, adding that “applied medicine has allowed me to see clearly.”

The league’s reigning MVP has spoken out in recent years about his renewed passion for life and the game, saying ayahuasca impacted his life in more ways than he could have ever imagined.

Following the end of the Packers’ season over a week ago, after they finished 8-9 and placed third in the NFC North, Rodgers is dealing with plenty of speculation about his future. He told McAfee he’s not “mentally or emotionally ready” to decide on what’s next.

“I just need some time right now. I don’t need to ask anyone to respect my time,” he said later in the interview.

“That’s going to be the answer until I’m ready and when I’m ready to give my opinion like I was last year, I’m either all in or I’m out.”

• Options

Oh, and one more thing, I think Aaron Rodgers told the media that he is going to consult a "coven of witches" about his descision for 2023, apparently they can help him see into the future and help to prevent any bad luck.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2023 5:44PM

It's actually hilarious that the Packers have been so incompetent dealing with Rodgers and the team in general.

They waste a first round draft pick on Love

They cave to Rodgers and pay him stupid money

Now they don't know what Rodgers plans are AGAIN 🤣🤣🤣

• Options

@perkdog said:
    It's actually hilarious that the Packers have been so incompetent dealing with Rodgets and the team in general.

They waste a first round draft pick on Love

They cave to Rodgers and pay him stupid money

Now they don't know what Rodgers plans are AGAIN 🤣🤣🤣

The whole situation is absolutely hilarious, he's going to be fun to cover this offseason!

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,220 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2023 12:21PM

I keep seeing more and more rumors of Aaron Rodgers getting traded to the Jets. If GB can get two 1st rounders for him while getting out of having to pay that crazy extension he's owed soon, do it then throw a party.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/peter-king-believes-woody-johnson-110052097.html

• Options
    edited January 25, 2023 12:50PM

Great, Rodgers can go the Jets and they can miss the playoffs again

• Options

🤔

• Options

I could see the Raiders adding him to the mix