Home Sports Talk
Options

Ivan Provorov

OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good for him!!

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

Comments

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:
    Good for him!!

Just caught wind of this. Good for him. This is America and he has the freedom to do that and it’s perfectly legal.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Options

There is an objectors clause in every work contract by law in America.

Anyone can utilize it at their job.

It’s a “r………..s” objectors clause.

It’s the law of the land here.

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2023 12:49PM

Once players see how much fans align with this player in their beliefs and standing for them no matter what many will follow suit. He will now be cheered every time he starts a game and scores.

His coach has his back and that is awesome.

People need to stand ground on their own beliefs and not bow to pressure. Stay respectful but stand your ground.

I do in my every day life and sure some don't like it but in the end they leave me alone and that is enough for me.

He was SMART the way he handled the media after the game don't answer don't fall into their trap just get back to the subject at hand HOCKEY.

Coin collecting interests: Latin America

Sports: NFL & NHL

• Options

I would not be surprised now to see his jersey all around the league even when Philadelphia is not even playing in that city. Fans will make a statement and back him. Most fans have had enough in their own lives let alone when they go to watch a game to get away from such stuff.

Hope many wear his jersey at the All-Star game even if he is not in it (not sure if he is or not).

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KingOfMorganDollar said:
    Once players see how much fans align with this player in their beliefs and standing for them no matter what many will follow suit. He will now be cheered every time he starts a game and scores.

His coach has his back and that is awesome.

People need to stand ground on their own beliefs and not bow to pressure. Stay respectful but stand your ground.

I do in my every day life and sure some don't like it but in the end they leave me alone and that is enough for me.

He was SMART the way he handled the media after the game don't answer don't fall into their trap just get back to the subject at hand HOCKEY.

Perfectly stated King!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KingOfMorganDollar I love your sign line!! Reminds me of the 3 Fs. Faith. Family. Future

• Options
    edited January 21, 2023 2:31PM

One thing I learned over time is don't force your values on others I am a firm believer in free will. Make yours choices and I will make mine but leave me alone and I will leave you alone.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2023 2:31PM

@thisistheshow said:
    @KingOfMorganDollar I love your sign line!! Reminds me of the 3 Fs. Faith. Family. Future

Reminds me of an economics teacher in high school..... Long, long, ago......Every day at the beginning of class he would say....."God, Family, and Country in that order.....remember that and you're life will turn out good."........I've never forgot it.....

He knew what he was talking about.....

• Options
    edited January 21, 2023 2:38PM

@Hydrant said:

@thisistheshow said:

Reminds me of an economics teacher in high school..... Long, long, ago......Every day at the beginning of class he would say....."God, Family, and Country in that order.....remember that and you're life will turn out good."........I've never forgot it.....

I agree but as mentioned I believe in free will I was not a believer until around the age of 20. To each their journey on this planet. I believe in freedom of religion (be it Judaism, Christianity, Islam if you are a good person and do good and live a good life that is what matters) I have mine and that is what I protect and live by.

If someone is an atheist let them be. We don't now were life will bring people to in the future in their lives.

• Options

@Goldenage said:

@OAKSTAR said:
    Good for him!!

Just caught wind of this. Good for him. This is America and he has the freedom to do that and it’s perfectly legal.

It is ironic that he is Russian. If I had a guess of someone who would take a stand it wouldn't be a Russian player. Guess you just never know.

• Options
    edited January 21, 2023 2:54PM

@LandrysFedora said:

@Goldenage said:

@OAKSTAR said:
    Good for him!!

It is ironic that he is Russian. If I had a guess of someone who would take a stand it wouldn't be a Russian player. Guess you just never know.

Russian Orthodox are strong strong believers. Russia is going back towards belief in the last few decades. Before that they were mostly atheists (Lenin up till Putin...Putin has changed that he is also a believer). Most kings before Lenin were believers then came Karl Marx aka Communism.

One thing I also learned over time there are many Communist believers and many non believers it is not all white or black.

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@thisistheshow said:

I agree but as mentioned I believe in free will I was not a believer until around the age of 20. To each their journey on this planet. I believe in freedom of religion (be it Judaism, Christianity, Islam if you are a good person and do good and live a good life that is what matters) I have mine and that is what I protect and live by.

If someone is an atheist let them be. We don't now were life will bring people to in the future in their lives.

God only sent one perfect man to do his work. Plenty of atheists, etc are out there doing God's work, in my opinion. And I learned that the best example to set for non believers is to live a good life, not to preach to them. I lost my faith in my 20s and about 10 years ago had some experiences that made my faith unshakeable. I'm 47.

• Options

@LandrysFedora said:

@Goldenage said:

@OAKSTAR said:
    Good for him!!

A lot of Russians are good people. Also many are Christians and many believe in country first. When I was in my way 20s I had a good friend who was dating a girl who had moved here from Russia. It was amazing talking to her about her experiences back home. They were brainwashed just like us. Lol.

• Options
    edited January 21, 2023 2:50PM

@thisistheshow said:

@Hydrant said:

@thisistheshow said:

God only sent one perfect man to do his work. Plenty of atheists, etc are out there doing God's work, in my opinion. And I learned that the best example to set for non believers is to live a good life, not to preach to them. I lost my faith in my 20s and about 10 years ago had some experiences that made my faith unshakeable. I'm 47.

As I said I will not name my religion but it is one of the big 3. I have no issues with good people in either of the 3. I have studied for decades all 3 made my final decision about 4 years ago (before that I was something else for about 15 years) and for me it is the one I will die with. Like I said no good can come of fighting each other that is what the other side wants.

To each his journey. There are many many good people in the big 3 and that is what matters.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@LandrysFedora said:

@Goldenage said:

@OAKSTAR said:
    Good for him!!

A lot of Russians are good people. Also many are Christians and many believe in country first. When I was in my way 20s I had a good friend who was dating a girl who had moved here from Russia. It was amazing talking to her about her experiences back home. They were brainwashed just like us. Lol.

No doubt about it Show. I agree in the goodness of all peoples in general. Just a bit surprised it wasn't an American player defending his values. But huge props to Provorov for taking a stand.

• Options
    edited January 21, 2023 6:55PM

@LandrysFedora said:

@thisistheshow said:

@LandrysFedora said:

@Goldenage said:

@OAKSTAR said:
    Good for him!!

No doubt about it Show. I agree in the goodness of all peoples in general. Just a bit surprised it wasn't an American player defending his values. But huge props to Provorov for taking a stand.

Hard to say why people chose submission over their own values.

• Options

It must be said that if you’re going to applaud Provorov then you must applaud the other athletes who object to things in sports and make a statement that you personally find offensive.

Both have the freedom to object.

It’s important to love and respect those you agree and disagree with.

• Options
    edited January 22, 2023 12:07PM

@Goldenage said:
    It must be said that if you’re going to applaud Provorov then you must applaud the other athletes who object to things in sports and make a statement that you personally find offensive.

Both have the freedom to object.

It’s important to love and respect those you agree and disagree with.

Agreed like I said I believe in free will but don't force it on me (and do not mock me or worse for not participating) as I don't force my beliefs on others. I certainly don't believe others must agree with my lifestyle and worship it even if they don't want to.

Some want others to submit to their ways and that is what is not OK. What good would it be to force someone to believe in say God if deep down they don't.

Lately it seems some groups want to dominate not matter what troubles they cause on others. They HATE you if you refuse to submit to their ways. That is not OK in anyway shape or form. And I refuse to do so and so should others.

I will not twist my belief system for the needs of others just never going to happen. But I live my life in peace and mind my own business. But if push comes to shove I will stand my ground in a respectful manner. And if that fails I will simply go my way and you can go on your way.