Home Q & A Forum
Options

Buffalo Nickel Error Input

Recently acquired this coin and was looking for some input on what may have caused this error.

My thoughts were possible broadstruck or double strike. Plus some unfortunate PMD on the nose I believe.

Thanks in advance-

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome, the profile doubling appears to be shelf like, which indicates mechanical doubling. The clash under the chin is somewhat common. Nice pics. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

@Namvet69 said:
    Welcome, the profile doubling appears to be shelf like, which indicates mechanical doubling. The clash under the chin is somewhat common. Nice pics. Peace Roy

Thanks Roy, the edge on the rim led me to believe something other than doubling in this case. Always learning…