Home Q & A Forum
Options

Are there any "limits" rules in the BST Forums?

ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

I ask before I post. I've seen folks stack up quite a few unrelated items into a single post. I'm thinking some of the items go unnoticed for quite a while due to the fact that they really don't fall under the subject matter of the listing.

I have quite a few disparate items of exonumia I would like to sell. I would list all related items together, but folks searching for So-Called Dollars may not see these items if they are listed under a thread called "Tokens, Medals, Exonumia."

Is there a written or even generally accepted number of BST posts any member is limited to?

Thanks in advance.

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

Comments

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15, 2023 5:30AM

I remember several years ago when I first started using the BS&T asking a similar question. My understanding is that while there’s no official rule per se, it boils down to courtesy of others. The sense I have, is as a courtesy and rough guideline, try to not have more than three listings on the front page at the same time.

Good luck @ZoidMeister . I hope you find this helpful.

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

@winesteven said:
    I remember several years ago when I first started using the BS&T asking a similar question. My understanding is that while there’s no official rule per se, it boils down to courtesy of others. The sense I have, is as a courtesy and rough guideline, try to not have more than three listings on the front page at the same time.

Good luck @ZoidMeister . I hope you find this helpful.

Steve

Very much so. Thanks for the feedback! That guideline fits within my thinking.

I recently got in "trouble" on another forum for not knowing they have a "one listing per week" limitation. Any more than one per week, and you are deemed a "spammer".

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options
    Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know if this is possible, but if it is, you might attach a PDF listing of your offerings and send it via PM to someone who might be interested.

PM sent

Bill