Home Sports Talk
Options

Pics of similar cars you once owned and wonder how they ever slipped through your fingers

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 14, 2023 8:07AM in Sports Talk

My "Once Upon A Time"...how sweet they were!!

Comments

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2023 8:50AM

My mother had one of these when I was in high school. Tried trading my jeep for one at a car show about 16 years ago, dudes wife said no since he had a project CJ already. Fun little car, loved borrowing it for date nights. Couldn't fit (they are tiny) or get in one (too low, back wouldn't like it) at this point anymore, ha. Stick shift on the dash, was interesting.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2023 9:37AM

1963 Ford Fairlane

I bought it, no joke, in 1973 from a little old lady, not from Pasadena, who only drove it to the grocery store and church. It had under 500 miles on it. I paid $125! I loved that car. It was a real " sleeper" with a v6 engine. I think that was the first year for that engine model. Lots of tork!
    Anyway, one afternoon after too many brews, I got the bright idea to tear the engine apart and rebuild it. Bad Move! I never put it back together. It just sat there for years. So, I have a neighbor who is a antique car nut. I asked him to ask his friends if anyone wanted it. For free! Just haul it away. No problem. It was gone quick! Then about a year later my neighbor told me that I wouldn't believe what happened to that car. It ended up in Australia. It got a total custom makeover and won first prize in a national car show down there. What Was I Thinking! 😵

Just for you,MCMLTV......The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant informed me last night that Secret Inside Source just bought a new car yesterday. She said, "It's really scary to ride in it.". Secret Inside Source is coming by this morning to take me for a spin. I can't wait!
    2023 Corvette

I think this is a picture of it. Not sure. I always wanted a Corvette but I never had enough money because it took all my money just to feed Little Secret Inside Source and all of his brothers. Must be nice.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

Not a car but should never have traded this sportster. 2001 Camaro Z28 behind it.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

Didn’t own this but this was when America Chopper was popular. Airgas had 2 bikes built. Used them for open houses.

W.C.Fields