Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Does PSA keep track of numbered cards that are graded?

butler1848butler1848 Posts: 7

I disagree with a card grade on a modern card but don't want to have to pay $50 for the review. If it's a numbered card, does PSA keep tabs of that if you break the slab and send it in for regrading (thus it's rejected as already graded)? It seems like their grading is inconsistent enough that there's a good possibility for different grades by different graders/regions.

Comments

• Options
    Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

@butler1848 said:
    I disagree with a card grade on a modern card but don't want to have to pay $50 for the review. If it's a numbered card, does PSA keep tabs of that if you break the slab and send it in for regrading (thus it's rejected as already graded)? It seems like their grading is inconsistent enough that there's a good possibility for different grades by different graders/regions.

Total guess here, but my hunch is no

• Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

@butler1848 said:

Great question.

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

no
    there are some #'d cards out of (let's say) 50 that have a population in excess of that.

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

@Ironmanfan said:
    no
    there are some #'d cards out of (let's say) 50 that have a population in excess of that.

IMF

Seriously? haha that's awesome

• Options
    BJY83BJY83 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭

You're giving them far too much credit.

Brian

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2023 12:34AM

Maybe I’m not following this thread enough… but if PSA is now scanning ALL cards going forward… won’t they ( in theory) be recording all of the numbers of the “numbered” inserts?

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

@threeofsix said:
    Maybe I’m not following this thread enough… but if PSA is now scanning ALL cards going forward… won’t they ( in theory) be recording all of the numbers of the “numbered” inserts?

My thoughts exactly.

• Options
    19591959 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

PSA keeps track of everything. even which graders grade which cards.