Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

German States (Hamburg): silver 8-schilling of Charles VI, Holy Roman Emperor, 1727-IHL

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 12, 2023 6:17PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

This coin is a prize option in my CoinTalk Giveaway #84, if you're interested.

There will be a random drawing on or shortly after February 14th, 2023. The winner may pick this or one of the two other options in that contest, which is free of charge and includes free worldwide shipping.

German States (Hamburg): silver 8-schilling of Charles VI, Holy Roman Emperor, 1727-IHL

Obverse: HAMBURGER CURRENT GELDT / 8 SCHILL / I.H.L.
Reverse: CAROLVS VI D G ROM IMP SEMP AVG (Carolus VI Dei gratia Romanorum Imperator semper Augustus).
Mintage: 695,000.
Engraver: Johann Heinrich Löwe, Sr.
Reference: Numista-21383, KM-367.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

The giveaway is just on CoinTalk, for logistical reasons, but open to CU forum members as well.

If for whatever reason you’re unable to post your own entry in the contest over there (no CT membership, trouble registering, or just don’t want to join CT) you may shoot me a PM including your prize pick (there are three coin prize options in the contest), and I’ll post an entry over there for you.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.