Home Sports Talk
Options

Nick Saban Says Ohio State Got Screwed By Peach Bowl Referees

coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

During the pregame show before last night's national championship game, Saban said he thought the refs made a mistake when they rescinded a targeting call against Georgia defensive back Javon Bullard for his hit on OSU wide receiver Marvin Harrison Jr.
Had the targeting call been upheld, Ohio State would have had a first down and a chance to go up 42-24 if they scored a touchdown.

Instead, the Buckeyes settled for a field goal and a 38-24 lead on their way to a heartbreaking 42-41 loss.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

If only..the most lamentable phrase in sports :D

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well Ohio State should have "settled" for the game winning field goal but the "Powers to Be" chose Georgia to move on, I know this for a fact! - Any problem? LOL!!!! :D:D:D

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2023 7:45AM

I thought that it should have been a penalty for "unnecessary roughness" with a review for "targeting" by the officials. The defender intentionally hit the receiver in the head/neck area with his shoulder and if you watch the video of the play Bullard ducked his head with the crown at Harrison's helmet just before contact.

I'm old school and remember when players were taught to wrap with their arms and drive their body into the opponent. Those days are long gone. The last thing I need is to have Saban's opinion in order for me to make a judgement on that play, it's pretty clear what happened. That's also a symptom of the new NFL and NCAA, no penalty is clear today, they all seem to be at the discretion of the Officials.