Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is anyone else still waiting on a JULY NATIONAL GRADING SPECIAL from last year??

Just wanted to see if I was the only one. I have had an order that has been sitting in QC #2 for months.

Comments

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

My last one shipped December 6.

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

@BBBrkrr said:
    My last one shipped December 6.

My log in date was Aug. 26th. Just seems odd to be sitting in QC #2 that long. A few weeks ago they hit me up for some upcharges.

• Options

It took my last one a while to get out of QC2 as well. Seems like it sat there for a couple weeks. Weirdly, the other one I sent in on the special right as it was announced was back in my hands in about 3 weeks. My guess is they got a ton of submissions at National.

• Options

@BBBrkrr said:
    It took my last one a while to get out of QC2 as well. Seems like it sat there for a couple weeks. Weirdly, the other one I sent in on the special right as it was announced was back in my hands in about 3 weeks. My guess is they got a ton of submissions at National.

Mine has been there for a couple of months. Really odd.

• Options
    azvikeazvike Posts: 356 ✭✭✭

FWIW, I have had 2 magazines waiting to be graded at CGC since 12/9/2021!!!!..still "scheduled for grading" ...LOL

• Options

@azvike said:
    FWIW, I have had 2 magazines waiting to be graded at CGC since 12/9/2021!!!!..still "scheduled for grading" ...LOL

Magazines?? You sure you didn't send those to CGC?

• Options
    sjjs28sjjs28 Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭

Yup, mine in QC-1
    Arrived 7/29 and Entered 8/18

So damn frustrating when they are accepting new submissions with turnaround times shorter than I'm stuck in!!
    I could have had two orders in and out for the same price ( Value Bulk - 19 dollars / 65 days) in this inconsiderate window I'm stuck in...

Steve Saldutti
    sjjs28@comcast.net
    Collector of 1964 Topps Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game and 1969 Topps Decals
    Registered Sets: 1964 Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game, 1969 Topps Decals
  • Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

I would says if these are pre-1996 then it is not unreasonable as I had one that was sent in like the first day and came back 2 weeks ago, while my post 1996 came back maybe 1 to 2 months later. If these are post 1996 subs, then that is odd. CS said the older stuff takes longer.

• Options

@sjjs28 said:
    Yup, mine in QC-1
    Arrived 7/29 and Entered 8/18

So damn frustrating when they are accepting new submissions with turnaround times shorter than I'm stuck in!!
    I could have had two orders in and out for the same price ( Value Bulk - 19 dollars / 65 days) in this inconsiderate window I'm stuck in...

Not to piss you off anymore, but I've already had one Modern Special graded & returned and another hit QC1 yesterday since you've been waiting...

• Options

@RufussCkingston said:
    I would says if these are pre-1996 then it is not unreasonable as I had one that was sent in like the first day and came back 2 weeks ago, while my post 1996 came back maybe 1 to 2 months later. If these are post 1996 subs, then that is odd. CS said the older stuff takes longer.

These are pre 1996. The phone call to CS today said that there was some movement recently that he can see, but I can not. That is promising I reckon?

• Options

Why would they change? There are no guarantees. They do what they want.

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bobbyw8469 said:
    Just wanted to see if I was the only one. I have had an order that has been sitting in QC #2 for months.

Yes; I have one still in research stage and two in grading. They are the 1995-and-earlier subs. My orders from the same special that were 1996-present were completed mid-fall.

• Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭

I have a sub of vintage cards received 7/16/22. Entered assembly stage in late October. It has been sitting in QA1 for over 6 weeks now.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2023 11:21AM

@smallstocks said:
    I have a sub of vintage cards received 7/16/22. Entered assembly stage in late October. It has been sitting in QA1 for over 6 weeks now.

Received in logged in are two different things. What date were they officially logged in?

For example, my cards were received on August 9th. They were officially logged in on August 26th. Therefore THAT is the official start date.

• Options

What was the “estimated “ turnaround??

• Options

@bobbyw8469 said:

@smallstocks said:

Received in logged in are two different things. What date were they officially logged in?

For example, my cards were received on August 9th. They were officially logged in on August 26th. Therefore THAT is the official start date.

Assume 1-3 weeks in that time frame... I sent one in on 8/1 and it was entered 2.5 weeks later. Sent two 7/11 and entered 1 week later.

Regardless everyone on that special is overt the 120 day estimated turnaround time now...

• Options

@TsavoriteSam said:
    What was the “estimated “ turnaround??

120 days

• Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2023 3:18PM

@bobbyw8469 said:

@smallstocks said:

Mine were officially logged in on July 16. Received prior to that date. Calendar day 181 today.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports