Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

romania aluminum

LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 11, 2023 6:24PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

which design is the proper one for km145? the one with the shield? line around the bird or not?

i presume the world coin catalog is correct but confirmation is appreciated.

thanks

edited to add: the one i found looks like the krause catalog one, not the ngc world coin lookup one. (i do love the digital ngc one but i have to bounce back n forth between the 2 regularly)

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

Comments

• Options
    SapyxSapyx Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you look at the NGC description, it says "Shield within sprigs" - so the description matches the Krause picture, not their own picture.

I'm trying to figure out which coin the shieldless obverse came from; I'm not really finding a match. I suspect it's actually the pattern coin, KM Pn-366. I found this website, with some 1998-dated shieldless patterns in nickel and aluminium.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.
    Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, "Meditations"

Apparently I have been awarded one DPOTD. B)
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sapyx said:
    If you look at the NGC description, it says "Shield within sprigs" - so the description matches the Krause picture, not their own picture.

I'm trying to figure out which coin the shieldless obverse came from; I'm not really finding a match. I suspect it's actually the pattern coin, KM Pn-366. I found this website, with some 1998-dated shieldless patterns in nickel and aluminium.

appreciate you taking the time. part of the reason i made the post is after looking up some stuff, not particularly valuable but items i don't look up often, i did come across a mule listing (not related to the op coin) and then i come across this coin and minor discrepancy.

i concur about the pattern image as i know they are sometimes made and used for such a purpose.

i don't post over here often but when i get something that SEEMS to be worthwhile, i will. :)

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -