Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Note Cutting Error On 4 2017 Series One Dollar Bills?

Hello, I picked up these today at the bank. This appears to be a set of 4 one dollar bills that should have never made it into circulation. With that being said. Was this a sheet that someone tried to cut or did this happen at the mint. All four notes match up as you can see. Any thoughts?

Comments

• arby96arby96 Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited January 9, 2023 4:05PM

So I answered my own post, had a feeling it was from one of those sheets. So this came from an 8 or ten sheet or more. A four sheet wouldn't have them side by side. Years ago wasn't the 900 serial numbers used for these sheets. I have a set of 4 One dollar bills that start with a 9 and a set of 4 Two dollar bills also start with a 9. I was told by someone years ago that 900 serial numbers were used for uncut sheets and wasn't sure about these due to the serial numbers starting with 35. Still learning everyday, you all are my lazy way to get info, instead of me doing the research myself, this time I beat you all to it.

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

Link to information about uncut sheets - http://www.uspapermoney.info/general/uncut.html