Home U.S. Coin Forum

You guys are gonna kill me.

RobertLahtiRobertLahti Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
edited January 8, 2023 3:00AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Closed

We'll see...WHAT? What brought your attention...?

Comments

• dunkleosteus430dunkleosteus430 Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2023 6:24PM

Don't worry, we're not going to kill you. However, your cent doesn't have a D above the 8. That's not how they were made, and it couldn't be the result of a mint error.

Young Numismatist

• RobertLahtiRobertLahti Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2023 3:00AM

Closed

• RayboRaybo Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep looking Robert, you will find a real treasure one of these days, and than, you will have the last laugh.

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RobertLahti said:
    Appreciate the looming D above 8.

Hey,,,,, I recognize that finger print,,,,,,,,, it is on several of MY coins.

GrandAm :)
  • RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭

@RobertLahti said:

Unfortunately, I do not see your D. While most of your threads have proven to be nothing numismatically rare, I do hope you are learning from the experience and research you are doing. As someone else said above, while you may not have found a winner this time, keep up the search and one day, you very well could find a string winner. Listen, learn, and move forward. It is a fun hobby. Best of luck.

• NeophyteNumismatistNeophyteNumismatist Posts: 873 ✭✭✭✭✭

Owen, is that you?

I am a newer collector (started April 2020), and I primarily focus on U.S. Half Cents and Type Coins. Early copper is my favorite.

• PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2023 8:33PM

I did I did see a puddy tat....

• RobertLahtiRobertLahti Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2023 3:01AM

Closed

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2023 9:32AM

Unfortunately, you're killin' yourself. Don't be your own worst enemy.

Now that you have changed your avatar (and for what point, I don't know that either), change you username. Come back here and completely start over. Try and change your coins, demeanor, outlook, behavior and personality. Don't use your own made up numismatic terms and vocabulary. Engage with those who are trying to help you and try to answer their questions with a response. You can catch more flies with honey then you can with vinegar.

Hey- BTW, your pictures were great! We give credit where credit is due. Posting great pictures are half the battle here. You have that battle WON! It's the other half you need to work on.

Hopefully, other newbies will learn from your unfortunate experience here.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raybo said:
    Keep looking Robert, you will find a real treasure one of these days, and than, you will have the last laugh.

Your comment is positive and inspiring towards the OP and would be appreciated by most BUT, OP has been given numerous advice in the beginning that has been completely ignored. He fails to respond to any questions that are asked and continuously posts common coins with numismatic terms that make no sense. Hopefully he will find something that may turn out to be legitimate, but will probably lose all credibility with knowledgeable members before that happens. If new collectors would only listen to advice given by knowledgeable collectors, their venture into the hobby would be much more enjoyable.

• P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DeplorableDan said:

@P0CKETCHANGE said:
    @OAKSTAR said:

Now that you have changed your avatar (and for what point, I don't know that either), change you username. Come back here and completely start over. Try and change your coins, demeanor, outlook, behavior and personality. Don't use your own made up numismatic terms and vocabulary. Engage with those who are trying to help you and try to answer their questions with a response. You can catch more flies with honey then you can with vinegar.

Your sage advice will no doubt fall on deaf ears. OP has already been banned on CoinTalk and Coneca, and possibly NGC, for exactly the same kind of behavior. Some of the content and especially the comments are humorous at times, but with the increased post frequency and increasing agitation of other members, it’s clearly crossed the line. AFAIK, no official forum rules are being violated but the constant nonsense is detracting from the forum, confusing to novice collectors, and harmful to the hobby and forum as a whole. Our @PCGS_Moderator would be wise to review the account history and consider the impact on the integrity of the forum.

Well said. I’m haven’t been bothered by the posts themselves, but I do think they have become all too frequent, consuming the first page of threads. I have nothing against OP but he hasn’t seemed to have absorbed any of the advice given in any of the threads and I agree that it could be confusing to a novice who visits the forum

I went to make a small edit and got the dreaded “your comment will appear after it is approved” message, so I’m glad you quoted my post since it disappeared into the ether!

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no problem with any of the OP's threads because I pay no attention to them.

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bsshog40 said:

@Jimnight said:
    I have no problem with any of the OP's threads because I pay no attention to them.

Ahhh, but here you are! :D

But only because I saw the change to a nasty OP's avatar :)

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like the train wreck mentioned earlier, I can’t look away. :D

• davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:

@RobertLahti said:

Hey,,,,, I recognize that finger print,,,,,,,,, it is on several of MY coins.

OMG, is that struck on a gold planchet?

• bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jimnight said:

@bsshog40 said:

@Jimnight said:

Ahhh, but here you are! :D

But only because I saw the change to a nasty OP's avatar :)

Just pokin fun at ya! Lol

• silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭✭✭

made up words to cover the fact he knows very little of coins, and posting these so called errors another sign he has no clue on coins

all he is doing is shooting into the dark in hopes of a big score

• rokkyrokky Posts: 308 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2023 1:55PM

Schizophrenia is a very debilitating illness. There are many new treatments and medications available today to help manage the condition better than ever before. The Thorazine shuffle has become a thing of the past. Patients have shown considerable signs of improvement without the negative side effects typically associated with the older antipsychotic medications.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file