Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

There was a website that tracked the sell price for ebay "make offer" listings. Is it still around?

jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

I switched computers awhile back, but when researching current ebay closing auction prices I always like to know what the "make offer" closing prices were. Does anyone remember what that website was? Thank-you in advance!

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

Comments

  • Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I think I still have the link, but if I do, it's on my old laptop. If no one else comes up with it I'll check tomorrow and see if it's still there.

  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Just click "SOLD ITEMS" tab on the left side of the catagory on the eBay page - shows what coins have sold for wether Auction or BIN.....

    "When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @jmski52 said:
    I switched computers awhile back, but when researching current ebay closing auction prices I always like to know what the "make offer" closing prices were. Does anyone remember what that website was? Thank-you in advance!

    .
    if you mean when the green colors numbers with the line through it indicating an obo was accepted, there are a few different ways.

    USED to be, we could change the .com to .de, .ca etc for different countries and that would work but ebay has undergone some serious changes.

    watchcount i think was one.

    here is a link to a previous thread with a few solutions.

    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1024861/alternative-to-watchcount-com

    <--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,576 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I believe the site you are thinking of is watchcount.com, I tested it with an auction I won with a Best Offer and it does not appear to give the actual price realized any more.

    Sean Reynolds

    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

    "Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Steven59 said:
    Just click "SOLD ITEMS" tab on the left side of the catagory on the eBay page - shows what coins have sold for wether Auction or BIN.....

    That doesn't show you the best offer prices.

  • Options
    SlipKidSlipKid Posts: 51 ✭✭✭

    Under the seller hub on ebay, there is a tab titled "research" Just type the auction title in and search. It shows as a "fixed price" in the search results.

  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Ebay doesn't give the price on sold items that were bought under "Best Offer", and the only way I found was to use that program. Sometimes, the sales data can be pretty sparse, so the more good data the better.

    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

    I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    GooberGoober Posts: 980 ✭✭✭

    There is worthpoint. Never used it though.

    Prost!

    Why step over the dollar to get to the cent? Because it's a 55DDO.
  • Options
    habaracahabaraca Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @jmski52 said:
    Ebay doesn't give the price on sold items that were bought under "Best Offer"

    As mentioned above, if you're a seller, you can see the actual sold price through the "Research" tab on the Seller Hub. If you're not a seller, go here:

    https://130point.com/sales/

  • Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Use the 130point sales site linked above as that’s the only way without being an eBay seller.

    Watchcount stopped working several years back (and they mention it on their website).

  • Options
    spyglassdesignspyglassdesign Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @jmlanzaf said:

    @Steven59 said:
    Just click "SOLD ITEMS" tab on the left side of the catagory on the eBay page - shows what coins have sold for wether Auction or BIN.....

    That doesn't show you the best offer prices.

    He missed a step. If you sort by sold price low to high or high to low you can see what price range the offer bought it at (ie look at the price above and below and you can tell its between those two).

    It's not exact but gets a ballpark.

  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @spyglassdesign said:

    @jmlanzaf said:

    @Steven59 said:
    Just click "SOLD ITEMS" tab on the left side of the catagory on the eBay page - shows what coins have sold for wether Auction or BIN.....

    That doesn't show you the best offer prices.

    He missed a step. If you sort by sold price low to high or high to low you can see what price range the offer bought it at (ie look at the price above and below and you can tell its between those two).

    It's not exact but gets a ballpark.

    Of course. That I've done. Although it sometimes is flaky and I don't understand the results.

  • Options
    Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭

    When I make an ebay offer on an item that sells to someone else I get an email saying what successful price it sold for.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file