Home Sports Talk

from now on....

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 31, 2022 3:54PM in Sports Talk

.....if i see a team bypass a QB sneak when all they need is a yard or less, i'm rooting with every ounce of my being for that team to lose. even if i have money on them.

add Jim Harbaugh to the list of idiot head coaches who dialed up a handoff on first and inches and walked away with zero points. a sneak there is 95-99% effective on one play. it's 1,000% effective if you have to do it four times. nah, let's hand the ball off, fumble it, get nothing, and now we're down 15 points at half. he is supposed to be one of the hottest commodities in the coaching ranks and he single-handedly cost his team 7 points, the momentum, and probably the game with that one unbelievably brain-dead play call.

it is just incredible how often head coaches eschew a virtually unstoppable play and it ends up burning their team. if i have seen it once since the football season commenced i have seen it 20 times. just off the top of my head i can think of TCU against Kansas St., the Texans against the Cowboys, and now Michigan against TCU. the next coach who does it should be fired on the spot.

if i see it happen one more time i'm going to need a straitjacket and a room with white padded walls

i hope TCU blows the doors off of them now

rant ovah. until it happens again. and it will. probably in the 2nd half of this game.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's called outcoaching yourself

It's a phenomon and more and more idiotic every time it happens.

I don't care if it's college or the pros

STUPID

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2022 4:11PM

@galaxy27 said:
    .....if i see a team bypass a QB sneak when all they need is a yard or less, i'm rooting with every ounce of my being for that team to lose. even if i have money on them.

Yea, I agree. Especially when it's on the goal line, 4th. down, with the defense all bunched up and then the QB hands off to the running back and he gets taken down for a loss!.....It Drives Me Nuts!....WHY?.😵

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

And then they get inside the 10 and Harbaugh calls two vanilla running plays up the gut........something he has unsuccessfully tried at least 15 times already

If Michigan wins this game it will be in spite of their coach

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭✭✭

ESPECIALLY now that "Bush Push" is legal. WTF are you doing?

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree except for Patrick Mahomes.
    He suffered a dislocated kneecap the last time he ran a QB sneak.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 like I said in the Greek thread...too predictable...