Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Post your favorite purchase of 2022

Well it has been a very active year for me. I did a major shift from coins and civil war tokens into paper as well. And now paper being my largest interest over coins. My three main areas are National Bank notes, Courtesy Autographed notes and fancy serial numbers. I hope for everybody the notes you have go up in value and the ones you want come down. Happy New Year. Sam

Comments

• Ted 1Ted 1 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

@Steve_in_Tampa said:
    My favorite non-numismatic purchase was a 2023 Blix Ultra eBike. It’s a Class-3 electric bike with dual batteries for a range of about 80 miles. It has front and rear hydraulic brakes, optional front and rear fenders, a rear rack, headlight and taillight, and a throttle that will accelerate you up to 30mph. I added a ThudBuster seat post and rear view mirror. The wide tires use a reduced air pressure which makes the ride much smoother. It’s a blast to ride. All the fun of a bicycle without all that pesky peddling.

Very cool

Tough CA Nationals &
    Lowball Sacagawea Dollars (PO01-VF35)

--- SUCCESSFUL BST TRANSACTIONS ---
    braddick, Omegaraptor, JWP, EagleScout2017, OAKSTAR, Twobitcollector, boxerdad, OKCC, Fancycashcom, JimW, MWallace, Tookybandit, TeacherCollector, jeffas1974, mainejoe, kansasman, Cent1225, SurfinxHI, Soldi, Histman, CurrenSee, jclovescoins, Outhaul, Timbuk3, LEMONHEAD_PENNY, daverickey, Maxcrusha, RedSeals
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Surprisingly I didn’t get anything paper in 2022, but a few cool coins were bought. It’s hard to pick a favorite, but this is a top 5 pick:

• EagleScout2017EagleScout2017 Posts: 238 ✭✭✭

Picked this one up on December 30th. I figured since I won't be going to FUN, I might as well pick up an NBN from a somewhat elusive Northeast Florida charter.

Face:

Reverse:

delenda est WitterU

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great Florida National. It sold for almost $1,400 (raw) back in 2008.

• EagleScout2017EagleScout2017 Posts: 238 ✭✭✭

@Steve_in_Tampa said:
    Great Florida National. It sold for almost $1,400 (raw) back in 2008.

The HA photos from 2008 do a good job of glossing over the folds on the reverse.

Regardless, here's a photo of the former bank building's exterior and the vault. I took these on a recent trip to Florida last month.

delenda est WitterU