Home Sports Talk
Options

On this date (December 30) 43 years ago Roger Staubach played his last game

coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

A divisional Playoff game at Texas stadium against the Rams. The Rams upset the favored Cowboys and went on to the Super Bowl. It's one of the biggest upsets in playoff history. Although Roger didn't play very well in that game, he finished the regular season as the highest rated QB in the NFL. So he retired at the top of his game, which is rare. He is often referred to as the greatest player to ever wear a Dallas Cowboys jersey.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

Comments

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 30, 2022 9:47PM

Oh, Baby! Do I remember that game! Roger The Dodger was,....well,....he was Roger The Dodger......They don't come any better...

He retired at the top of his game.....Just like another Dodger....Sandy Koufax....Two classy men ... They Don't Come Any Better.....

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

7-year-old me was at this game

i'll never forget Roger the Dodger's last pass completion of his career..........to Herbert Scott..........his offensive tackle

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2022 11:55AM

Staubach, Tarkenton, and John Brodie. Changed the game. They were revolutionary QB's. Brodie was the first. Most people believe that Tom Landry invented the shotgun formation that the Cowboys used. But actually the first team that used the shotgun was the Niners. And the first QB who ran out of that formation was Niner John Brodie. At least I think so??....Either way, Brodie was also a very good QB.....Long, long ago and now forgotten......

These Three Changed The Game Into What You Watch Today....Before Them?....You Wouldn't Recognize The Game That Was Played Before Them! STUDENT BODY RIGHT....STUDENT BODY LEFT.....STUDENT BODY UP THE MIDDLE!...

Believe It!

And This Guy Too!.....The Bomb!

Johnny Unitas.