Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1933 Tattoo Orbit cards

What do most of you who collect the earlier cards think of the surviving population for these cards?

I suspect the better question is whether the entire set has been confirmed or remains a work in the discovery process?

I looked at these and the 1933 Goudey cards as to the PSA pop report... the survival rate in terms of what has been graded is really stunning... the Tattoo Orbits are at about 5% of what the Goudey set is at. So... is the reason that the Tattoo Orbit cards are just not as collectible or is there more to the story in that these were less expensive cards, abused over time and no one thought to save them?

From my perspective, I like to look at at art, design and history as well as what comes into play in terms of what survives and why. The Tattoo Orbit cards have a look... so do the Goudey Cards. The Tattoo Orbit cards likely had a much smaller market share and just may not have been viewed in the same light as the Goudey cards. I suspect the Depression did not help but to develop a hypothesis based on cost and survival may be all that exists. The Goudey cards may simply have a higher surviving population because they were more expensive.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

No interest in these?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think they’re sweet looking cards. That’s all I have to add.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    BuckHunter68BuckHunter68 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭

I compiled a nice little run of these. I enjoy their primitive presentation and their classy reverse. My thought on production/survival? I would guess that any substantial market gain or interest in these would have already factored. There is NO doubt the supply is far, far less than the Goudey Gum set of '33. I will say, they are one set that looks decent in any condition that's centered and no major creases.

"You've gotta be a man to play this game...but you'd better have a lot of little boy in you, too"--Roy Campanella

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭

I have one in my collection .. I'd add more if I cam across a nice example

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards