Home Sports Talk
Options

Cristiano Ronaldo to make $75 million a year?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there something I'm missing here? Soccer superstar Cristiano Ronaldo is going to sign a contract worth $75 million a year with the Saudi Arabia soccer league, I believe the contract goes until 2030. What is it about soccer, why do these guys make so much?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/cristiano-ronaldo-signs-75-million-per-year-deal-with-saudi-arabia-club-al-nassr/amp/

Comments

• Options

52 weeks in a year, and that's what, he's going to make over $1 million a week?

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

biggest sport in the world. more power to the guy, he obviously earned it. same with golfers. if you can get it take it.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options

And that doesn't even include the endorsement deals, he is raking in some serious cheese!

• Options

If I had my life to do over again, I would get rich, it's sad the food I have to eat, nothing brand name, I have to settle for Prongles instead of Pringles.

• Options

It's my dream to be able to taste an actual Kit Kat bar, but alas, I must settle for this cheap imitation.

• Options

And Jay-Z is filthy rich, I would love to see him struggle, just for one day!

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

two words for you: Saudi. Arabia.

we're talking about an endless supply of cash here

they gave 52-yr-old (!) Phil Mickelson 200M (!!) to play golf for them

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    If I had my life to do over again, I would get rich, it's sad the food I have to eat, nothing brand name, I have to settle for Prongles instead of Pringles.

salt and potato ...lmao

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never heard of him, but then again I don't get out much........... :D

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"