Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Pele passes today.

The overall worldwide most well-known athlete in the history of sports has died today. Pele passed surrounded by family. I'm glad to know he was able to enjoy seeing the 2022 FIFA World Cup tournament end with Lionel Messi winning the championship and taking over the reign.

Comments

• nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

More of my childhood vanishes. RIP.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 459 ✭✭✭

PELE

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

First Video Game Cover Athlete

Everyone knew who he was. Even those like me who don’t follow soccer. RIP.

• ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭

The beautiful game was played most beautifully by Pele. I was lucky enough to see him play as a kid and thankful for that Pele sparked my life long love for the game.

• threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭

@ArtVandelay said:
    The beautiful game was played most beautifully by Pele. I was lucky enough to see him play as a kid and thankful for that Pele sparked my life long love for the game.

Saw him play?? Awesome!!! I never got over the fact that I just saw him (he was on the field as an ambassador for a pre-game ceremony!!) I did watch him on TV when they aired some of the NY Cosmos games back in the 70’s….And I spent many hours explaining to friends and family just why he was sooooo good!!!

He will be missed… but his impact lives on.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.