Home Sports Talk
Options

When you’ve messed up, move on.

2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 29, 2022 9:20AM in Sports Talk

So it looks like Derek Carr has played his last down as a Raider.
Carr is ok. Don’t confuse him with a top 5 QB or even a top 10. Maybe mid pack 12-15?
So this brings me to these thoughts. Carr last year with all the distractions, fired coach mid season etc Carr QBR was 94.
4800 yards.
In comes offensive guru Josh McDaniels. Raiders sign Carr’s best friend and a top 3 WR, Davante Adams. They know each other. They’ve played together.
Carr QBR 86. 3400 yards thru 15 games.

Raiders have blown double digit lead after lead. 0-3 in overtime and probably would have been 0-4 if not for the Patriots bumble in the jungle.

Mark Davis says to the team, the fans, the city. I’m going with this coach who has a losing record every where he goes and it’s all Derek Carr’s fault.

So who are you getting as an upgrade? Raiders hold the #9 pick. You trusting this coach to nurture a young player? You seen what happened to Mac Jones late last year. Once the film was in he struggled with McDaniels offense.

I think Davis hitched his horse to the wrong wagon. Admit you screwed up. It’s ok. Find a coach for your team. Kiss Carr’s butt. You got Adams, Waller, Jacobs. Draft some young stud with #9 for whatever position you need to shore up. Spend the $33M on Carr. And my last advice to Mark Davis. Find a friggin hair dresser. Spend the $250 and do something with the Moe Howard haircut for gods sake. You’re a friggin millionaire, at least look like one.

W.C.Fields
"I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Comments

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

Carr is definitely taking the fall for this mess. Hopefully he ends up in a better situation with his next team. Make no mistake, he is not a top 5 qb, but he has been a solid starter through his career on some very sub par teams. I was recently looking at his career stats and they aren't too shabby.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

One thing about Derek Carr, he reminds me of Marv of the wet bandits.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry but I lost all respect for him when he was crying that he would retire if he had to play for any other team than the Raiders, this was right before they paid him top tier QB money when he isn't anything more than a mid tier QB

• Options

I will give Derek Carr credit, at least he does try to take some of the responsibility.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I'm sorry but I lost all respect for him when he was crying that he would retire if he had to play for any other team than the Raiders, this was right before they paid him top tier QB money when he isn't anything more than a mid tier QB

There’s no crying in baseball. There’s no crying in baseball!

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@perkdog said:

Agree with all the above. Who you gonna get to replace him?
    Matt Ryan?
    Marcus Mariota?
    Baker Mayfield?
    Garner Minshew?
    Mitch Trubisky?
    Russell Wilson. 😂😂

You have a mid tier QB with a cap hit of $5M that might restructure his contract to stay. He knows the players and his best friend is Adams. He’s a whiny b, not a good look for any NFL player. ( Butkus would have knocked him out the next week on principle) but who ya gonna get?

W.C.Fields
  • Options

They need to get rid of Mark Davis, you can't depend on a guy that cuts his own hair to run a football team. Derek Carr has to get out of there, it's only a matter of time before the Mark Davis effect takes ahold of him.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭✭✭

incoming...

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    incoming...

Man, he looks so cool in the Silver and Black, that would be awesome!

• Options
    edited December 29, 2022 3:42PM

Can you imagine Tom Brady with a Mark Davis haircut, yikes.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^^^^^ Tom looks good with any haircut. at least to me...

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

And …………….
    Bam it just got creepy🤡

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    And …………….
    Bam it just got creepy🤡

better believe it!!!!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    ^^^^^^^ Tom looks good with any haircut. at least to me...

Bromance. 😂

W.C.Fields