Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

How did y'all get so brilliant at this?

I am so new, and so hooked on this, never did I think I would be, of course I started with an inherited bunch of coins, whom am I kidding, boxes of coins, only 3 years learning, a lot of the same coins, so I will be selling, right now deciding and learning what to get graded, so please be kind when I ask stupid questions. I love looking at these and reading your items. Thank you.

Best Answer

• Options
    smalltimesmalltime Posts: 171 ✭✭✭

@rsei0120 said:
    I am so new, and so hooked on this, never did I think I would be, of course I started with an inherited bunch of coins, whom am I kidding, boxes of coins, only 3 years learning, a lot of the same coins, so I will be selling, right now deciding and learning what to get graded, so please be kind when I ask stupid questions. I love looking at these and reading your items. Thank you.

Welcome !!!! You will find joy and disappointment in collecting and most of us still enjoy it or we wouldn't be here, IF you come across some really nice Kennedy Halves, I would be interested. Send a message sometime.
    GOOD LUCK IN YOUR ENDEAVORS. !!!

Answers

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

It took me almost 62 years and attending over 300 shows to get where I am today. I still learn something almost every day.

• Options

lol, I have a lot to catch up on...I never thought about this until, I inherited 3 packing boxes full and started sorting 3 and half years ago, and researching, bugging people, now my daughter is hooked, now finding 40 of the same, now thinking back to what my mother had, and my brothers through away, now buying tons of books, microscopes, seeing difference, looking at a MS 70 and saying wow now that is beautiful I can see why she earned that, and looking at a 44 dime and the toning, and thinking look at what you have been through, and the color you have and you still have your bars on...LOL realizing you have a 1909 S VDB, and that it's special, and you just found the 1982 transitional coins, including not just 1 but 4 1982-D 3.11 g you are sending in for grading, and you have 43 more to go through.., I love hearing all of your stories...Thank you for sharing