Home Sports Talk
Options

Happy New Year Red Sox Nation

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rich Hill is gone to the Pirates.
Sale and Pivetta being shopped.

Bloom continues to dismantle the Red Sox.

Comments

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

ESPN reports Eovaldi to the Rangers.

I've always thought Pivetta was terribly overrated, and have no idea if Sale has anything left.

The amazing thing to me is not how bad the Sox are going to be, barring several players turning the clock very, very far back, but how much they're paying to do so.

• Options

@daltex said:

The amazing thing to me is not how bad the Sox are going to be, barring several players turning the clock very, very far back, but how much they're paying to do so.

Excellent point.

I do wonder why management, aka Bloom etal, are on this track of massive rebuilding when in fact most of the pieces were already in place, that is prior to jettisoning the likes of Schwarber, Mookie and others.

Sale should have been traded long ago, he is way overrated and underperforming on a consistent basis, perhaps Pivetta also, but haven't seen too much of him.

I'd bet that Devers is so pissed that he will ask for the moon, and sign with whoever comes the closest. When Bloom let his main man go, one Xander Bogearts, I think that really burnt his bagel. I predict Devers is gone, just a matter of time. However, strangely, as recent history shows, the brain trust may well trade Devers and really fry the egg of Red Sox Nation.

Time will tell, but right now I think the Red Sox team is already out of contention for anything close to a playoff spot in 2023. As long as Bloom holds his position, and Alex (I love to cheat) Cora is still the manager, things will not improve.

• Options

@daltex said:
    ESPN reports Eovaldi to the Rangers.

Yup, Bloom strikes again, the above is correct. Another piece of the Red Sox team is gone, you'll need a new scorecard to know who's who in 2023. Oddly, Cashman (The Bloom of the Yankees) wanted Eovaldi, better he went to the Rangers and not NY.

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭

We can only hope for a decent team this year, I know I will be watching the games.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:

@daltex said:

Excellent point.

I do wonder why management, aka Bloom etal, are on this track of massive rebuilding when in fact most of the pieces were already in place, that is prior to jettisoning the likes of Schwarber, Mookie and others.

Sale should have been traded long ago, he is way overrated and underperforming on a consistent basis, perhaps Pivetta also, but haven't seen too much of him.

I'd bet that Devers is so pissed that he will ask for the moon, and sign with whoever comes the closest. When Bloom let his main man go, one Xander Bogearts, I think that really burnt his bagel. I predict Devers is gone, just a matter of time. However, strangely, as recent history shows, the brain trust may well trade Devers and really fry the egg of Red Sox Nation.

Time will tell, but right now I think the Red Sox team is already out of contention for anything close to a playoff spot in 2023. As long as Bloom holds his position, and Alex (I love to cheat) Cora is still the manager, things will not improve.

Sale hasn't been bad, just injured. Not so easy, IMO, to trade a pitcher owed $55-75 million (depending on whether the option vests) who has only pitched 48 innings over the past three years. And if they find a team confident enough in his recovery to trade something for Sale plus, say, $40 million and the other team is right, what would Red Sox Nation think then.

Of course Schwarber left as a free agent, so Bloom had no more control over that than of Judge not coming over from the Yankees.

If Bloom is unwilling or unable to sign Devers long term it is imperative that they trade him, and soon, for there is no chance that this team contends and they can't lose him for another post 100 draft pick.

Anyone who thinks the players acquired this winter can come close to contending either greatly misunderstands Jansen's underlying numbers or the trajectory of Turner's last five years.

• Options

DEPRESSING!
    You might need a shot or two before you read this bummer assesment of post season Red Sox moves by Boston Sports writers and from the mouth of the Bloomer himself. And, I think Bloom couldh've made decent offer to Schwarber, a known commodity, which he didn't. So, Schwarber didn't just bolt to FA, he apparently saw more elsewhere and headed to Logan, and the Phillies.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/red-sox/red-sox-whiffed-kyle-schwarber-because-they-prioritized-value-over-talent