Home Sports Talk
Options

Boy am I surprised!!!

2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭✭✭
W.C.Fields
"I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Comments

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saw that. Really a stupid move. The Broncos obviously are hurting on the offensive side of the ball. No running back, Sutton and Jeudy stay hurt. And the Oline needs a couple of upgrades. I think you should get three years to prove yourself as a coach.

The GM is the one that is trouble, he shoot be fired. That might be Elway for all I know.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options

@olb31 said:
    Saw that. Really a stupid move. The Broncos obviously are hurting on the offensive side of the ball. No running back, Sutton and Jeudy stay hurt. And the Oline needs a couple of upgrades. I think you should get three years to prove yourself as a coach.

The GM is the one that is trouble, he shoot be fired. That might be Elway for all I know.

Team quit Not sure if they quit on the coach or Russell Wilson.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

@olb31 said:

Probably both

• Options

Take the $121M cap hit and cut Wilson. Fire Elway, struggle through the next 5 years and build from the bottom up. Can’t get any worse right? 4-11 No firsts, seconds. Absolutely brutal decision

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Elway hasn't been an official employee of the Broncos for a bit, already. There are other people responsible for the Wilson trade/extension and the Rookie head coach's hiring/firing.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 27, 2022 3:57PM

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

@olb31 said:

Probably both

Hey, Boys.....Maybe, just maybe, the Rams were so overwhelming with Baker at QB that they mentally destroyed a Broncos team that was already down for the count. I was there. Up close and personal. It wasn't A pretty picture.
    Want to know a dirty little secret?
    The Rams have been in complete rebuild mode all season.
    I Think They're Getting Close To Where They Want To Be!
    That Game Was Not A Fluke.
    WATCH OUT!

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

@olb31 said:

Probably both

Hey, Boys.....Maybe, just maybe, the Rams were so overwhelming that they mentally destroyed a Broncos team that was already down for the count. I was there. Up close and personal. It wasn't A pretty picture.
    Want to know a dirty little secret?
    The Rams have been in complete rebuild mode all season.
    I Think They're Getting Close To Where They Want To Be!
    That Game Was Not A Fluke.
    WATCH OUT!

They look great with OMG, I can't believe I'm going to say BAKER Mayfield 😳

• Options
    edited December 27, 2022 4:03PM

Yea, Perkdog,....It's weird. The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant says every day, "Who would have ever thought Baker Mayfield is playing for the Rams?" Well, I really didn't know much about him before, except that people are down on him. He looked fantastic Sunday! 51-14 win. And....his come from behind win against the Raiders was very inspiring. The Rams fans are in love with the guy. Maybe he needed a change of scenery.... Time will tell. Whatever, I hope the best for him. The chant at the stadium?.....Baker! BAKER! BAKER!.....You gotta' love it.

He has brought joy to the Rams fans in what has been a very dreary season.....Just 2 games?....So what?.... The people were so happy leaving the game Sunday!!....The fans were more jazzed after the win over the Broncos than they were after the Championship win over the Niners last season. BAKER! BAKER! BAKER! It was GREAT!
    I hope it turns out good for him.

• Options
    edited December 27, 2022 3:48PM

I’m seriously thinking of benching Jacobs for Ackers and using Higbee as a flex again for my daughters fantasy league championship. She’s the coach with the final decision. I’m just her GM and advisor.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

:D

• Options
    edited December 27, 2022 6:52PM

@2dueces said:
    I’m seriously thinking of benching Jacobs for Ackers ....

Ackers was good on Sunday. His best game ever as a Ram(?)
    I was told that the Rams were showcasing him in a late season game against a crappy Denver team because they want to dump him for a trade. Worked out good!
    The Rams have zero in the running game department....Pitiful.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    I’m seriously thinking of benching Jacobs for Ackers and using Higbee as a flex again for my daughters fantasy league championship. She’s the coach with the final decision. I’m just her GM and advisor.

Deuces that’s cool having fun with your girl like that. Hope she wins🏈

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@2dueces said:
    I’m seriously thinking of benching Jacobs for Ackers ....

Ackers was good on Sunday. His best game ever as a Ram(?)
    I was told that the Rams were showcasing him in a late season game against a crappy Denver team because they want to dump him for a trade. Worked out good!
    The Rams have zero in the running game department....Pitiful.

Hope they showcase him again this week

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@Darin said:

@2dueces said:

Deuces that’s cool having fun with your girl like that. Hope she wins🏈

IKR? She knows zero about football but her friends talked her into it 4 years ago. She finished last. Then she started asking me for help. She lost in the championship game last two years. She wants that trophy!! Lol

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited December 28, 2022 4:27AM

Uhhl I quit fantasy football years ago, right about the time when the NFL turned into video game scoring

I miss the days when a guy like Marshall Faulk would single handily win your league lol

It's literally more frustrating than betting

Lev Bells rookie year, I won my playoff game and on Thursday Yahoo did a Stat correction and took away 1 yard rushing from him and I lost a tight one by a 1/2 a point and it cost me $800 in winnings.