Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Spanish token identification help?

I'm a new forum member in search of some information about this token? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks....

Comments

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did a google image search on "arsenal esteban de luca" and got a few results. You might try something like that.

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 23, 2022 8:44PM

Welcome.

Seems to be an Argentinian medal commemorating the fiftieth anniversary of the foundation of the Esteban de Luca arsenal.

Arsenal Esteban de Luca, corner of Garay and Combate de los Pozos, in January 1967, when its demolition had begun. (Extracted from the book "San Cristóbal, the forgotten neighborhood" by Jorge Larroca -Photo by the author)

Esteban de Luca himself was a poet and a soldier. More info on him can be found here: Wiki Link

A few of these are listed for sale on Argentinian mercadolibre site:

https://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/arsenal-esteban-de-luca

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't mistake War Arsenal and the ordinance symbol. Nice. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

First off, I'd like to say thanks for the information. The members here are a wealth of knowledge. I am, however, slightly embarrassed that during this holiday season of peace & goodwill, I had to seek out info' on an arsenal token!
    Thanks,..

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

No need to feel embarrassed. Especially if you add to the peace and goodwill of those around you.