Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question about 2000s BK and FB pre-RCs (Finest, Leaf R&S, UD Legends)

shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 22, 2022 10:13PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

I've always been a bit unsure about the following issues, so I'm seeking a little clarity. 2000-01 Upper Deck Legends basketball, 2002-03 Finest basketball and 2000 Leaf R&S football. These issues include rookie cards (T. Parker, Gasol, LBJ, Wade, Bosh, Wade, Tomlinson, Brees, etc.) that are dated a year earlier than their other RCs, thus garnering the XRC designation.

I believe these rookies were issued after redemption cards were redeemed, but I'm not sure how that worked. Were the redemption cards issued in 2000 (UDL and Leaf R&S) and 2002 (Finest), but the actual cards came out later? Are the 2000 and 2002 dates accurate? Are these truly pre-rookies? I've always wondered because these supposed pre-rookies aren't as desirable as I would imagine.

Thanks in advance for your input.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."

Comments

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭

Bump.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."