Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Nice ATM find today!!

Did my typical search in my ATM's today. Took out 300x $1 notes and in between the $300 I saw that there was at least a fill strap of new notes. While doing the search of the new notes (2017A Series Cleveland), there were two star notes in between the them. The two star notes are the Cleveland district which has only 1 run of 500K!!!! Merry Xmas to me!

IMG_20221222_143149__01

Comments

• Options
    AbehunterAbehunter Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

@luckyrollers said:
    Did my typical search in my ATM's today. Took out 300x $1 notes and in between the $300 I saw that there was at least a fill strap of new notes. While doing the search of the new notes (2017A Series Cleveland), there were two star notes in between the them. The two star notes are the Cleveland district which has only 1 run of 500K!!!! Merry Xmas to me!

IMG_20221222_143149__01

That's nice, just out of curiosity what kind of value would that be on that and I'm sorry if it's wrong to ask

• Options
    luckyrollersluckyrollers Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭

@Abehunter said:

@luckyrollers said:

IMG_20221222_143149__01

That's nice, just out of curiosity what kind of value would that be on that and I'm sorry if it's wrong to ask

I saw a couple of them see on ebay for around $100+

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice! I like the solid stars also.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice score.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice score Vince.
    Most short run replacement notes are found as pairs in packs of regular issue (non-star) notes.

• Options

@Steve_in_Tampa said:
    Nice score Vince.
    Most short run replacement notes are found as pairs in packs of regular issue (non-star) notes.

Thanks Steve!

Good to know bc I always thought it either comes in a full strap or at the end of the strap. These were found in between the "strap" notes. Thanks for the info and Merry Xmas to you and to your family.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice, i like :)

• Options

I have never seen an ATM that dispenses $!.00 bills! Where can I find one?

• Options

@rjw1957 said:
    I have never seen an ATM that dispenses $!.00 bills! Where can I find one?

It all depends on your bank and where you live. Im in NYC so there are ATM's that dispenses $1.

• Options
    PizzamanPizzaman Posts: 226 ✭✭✭

Nice low star.