Home Sports Talk
Options

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since the regular season is coming to a close, @thisistheshow, You seem very confident in a Eagles victory over dem boyz on Christmas Eve, I'll tell you what, let's do one more avarar bet, Eagles vs Cowboys, Christmas Eve. If the Eagles win, I'll change my avatar to a photo of your choosing for one month, and vice versa, what say you? Meet me in the middle of town, in front of the saloon, high noon, on Christmas Eve!

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Alright

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    Alright

Alright then, it's settled pilgrim, see you in Dallas on Christmas Eve!

• Options

This is going to be fun, the best rivalry in the NFL in my opinion, these two teams hate eachother.

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭

hey I gotta dumb question, what happens if that game ends up in a tie?

• Options

I know I'll be the only one picking the Cowboys to win this game, it's ok, I'm very comfortable in my Cowboys fort all by myself. I see you all staring at me!

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I know I'll be the only one picking the Cowboys to win this game, it's ok, I'm very comfortable in my Cowboys fort all by myself. I see you all staring at me!

I will be there with you DD! I pick my Cowboys no matter what the odds say! This game is meaningless in terms of seedings/standings for both teams so I wonder if some starters will be held back in this one?

• Options

@LandrysFedora said:

@doubledragon said:

I will be there with you DD! I pick my Cowboys no matter what the odds say! This game is meaningless in terms of seedings/standings for both teams so I wonder if some starters will be held back in this one?

Glad to have you on board brother, I was wondering about the starters being held back as well. Either way, we're going to kick their butts, go Cowboys!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2022 2:31PM

To keep up with the times......I changed my avatar!....
    Earlier Version Of My Best Girl....

Updated Version.....

My How Time Flys.....

• Options

Alright > @Hydrant said:

Updated Version.....

My How Time Flys.....

I'm confused by this post. I thought the first pic was you and your granddaughter. You are implying, by your time flying comment, that the woman in the second photo is also your granddaughter. I'm assuming she's not. I'm sort of uncomfortable with the potential inferences here. You didn't PM me. I warned you about this.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jalen Hurts injured his shoulder against the Bears and may not play this weekend

• Options

@GroceryRackPack said:
    hey I gotta dumb question, what happens if that game ends up in a tie?

If the game ends up in a tie then I guess we'll have to call it a truce and we keep our current avatars, but rest assured, I will take him into custody again someday, and this I vow!

• Options
    edited December 19, 2022 3:11PM

@thisistheshow said:
    Alright > @Hydrant said:

Updated Version.....

My How Time Flys.....

I'm confused by this post. I thought the first pic was you and your granddaughter. You are implying, by your time flying comment, that the woman in the second photo is also your granddaughter. I'm assuming she's not. I'm sort of uncomfortable with the potential inferences here. You didn't PM me. I warned you about this.

I'm not implying anything... Assume what you will....
    My Best Girls.....And Boys....

And Last But Not Least....

I'm One Lucky So And So....

• Options
    edited December 19, 2022 3:28PM

By The Way,....To Keep It Sports Related.... Little Hydrantette Jenny, Who is 4 years old, Was very disappointed that the Rams/Packers game was not yesterday morning....

She runs into the bedroom early every Sunday morning shouting, " Get up! It's Football Day!"......We watched the Lions game instead!....
    She loves football!... They both do!

Jared Goff is really good....Always Has Been! Most underrated QB in the NFL...

GO LIONS!

• Options
    edited December 19, 2022 4:26PM

@LandrysFedora said:

@doubledragon said:

....Wonder All You Want Laundromat.... This Is Just The Way It Is......

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    Jalen Hurts injured his shoulder against the Bears and may not play this weekend

Perhaps I should have placed some caveats on the avatar bet. 🤷 Hurts and Dak both start? What do you think, DD?

• Options
    edited December 19, 2022 4:59PM

@galaxy27 said:

HELLO?.....Wrong Thread Galixico....This Isn't about who is on the injured list...
    Hard Day On The Links Amigo?....

WAKE UP!

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

@LandrysFedora said:

@doubledragon said:

....Wonder All You Want Laundromat.... This Is Just The Way It Is......

Hydrant, unfortunately for Cowboy fans such as myself your post is very accurate of the product Jerry Jones has been pushing the past 25 plus years. But I will always bleed Cowboys silver and blue win or lose!

• Options

It's a shame, because I originally wanted to make this bet, whoever loses has to get a medieval hairstyle, but I knew @thisistheshow wouldn't go for it.

• Options
    edited December 19, 2022 6:12PM

@doubledragon said:
    It's a shame, because I originally wanted to make this bet, whoever loses has to get a medieval hairstyle, but I knew @thisistheshow wouldn't go for it.

My Friends And Me!....We Haven't Changed..Since Then..Never Will!...

Am I In The Running?.....

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@doubledragon said:

My Friends And Me!....We Haven't Changed..Since Then..Never Will!...

Am I In The Running?.....

Yes, you certainly qualify! 😂😂😂😂

• Options

My second suggestion was going to be, whoever loses must wear a fake beard for a month, but I knew @thisistheshow wouldn't go for it.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@galaxy27 said:

Perhaps I should have placed some caveats on the avatar bet. 🤷 Hurts and Dak both start? What do you think, DD?

Oh, oh, I just spotted this post, are you attempting to back out of our bet, oh, oh!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@galaxy27 said:

Oh, oh, I just spotted this post, are you attempting to back out of our bet, oh, oh!

Hurts sprained his shoulder. Out one to two games. If he's not playing, if you approve DD, then I ask that you grant the following request...

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

DD - The Cowbuckets have no chance against the Eagles.............. :/

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@galaxy27 said:

Hurts sprained his shoulder. Out one to two games. If he's not playing, if you approve DD, then I ask that you grant the following request...

I guess I have no choice but to grant your wish, but hear me and hear me well, one day we will meet again, and I will not rest until you are back in avatar custody, and this I vow!

• Options

Let's do another one before the season is up. Playoffs included

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no way Hurts plays this week. He has a sprained right shoulder and is questionable. Philly only needs to win one of the next 3 to lock up the #1 seed and a first round bye.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@thisistheshow said:
    Let's do another one before the season is up. Playoffs included

Fair enough, we'll do one in the playoffs since all of the starters will be playing. I'll be waiting....