Home Q & A Forum
Options

Good evening, is there a 1955 double die wheat penny struck 50% off center on the record books ? Thx

FOURFLATFOURFLAT Posts: 17
edited December 18, 2022 12:49PM in Q & A Forum

Answers

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

A known counterfeit from overseas sellers.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,041 ✭✭✭✭✭

50% off center? :#

• Options

That was just a example. It’s still off center. My question was do you know of any that have been submitted for grading anywhere. Thanks

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I may ?
    Why the interest in such a biggee ?

• Options

I’m pretty green to the collecting world. I have not been able to find anything on the coin in question except for fake or counterfeit ones. I purchased the coin last week and it comes across to me as the real thing. Right weight all the right Characteristics of a true DD . Does not have any of the flaws that the counterfeit’s have . Just seeking advice . Thanks

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,041 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are saying that you bought the coin in your photo then the feedback you will get is about whether or not it is authentic, but be prepared for bad news.

You will get more relies if you post it in the US Coins forum.

• Options
    lcutlerlcutler Posts: 529 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2022 3:06PM

I hope you didn't pay much for it. Off center fake 1955 doubled dies are very common, and they generally are the correct weight and resemble the genuine ones. This is a fake for sure, there are several telltale factors that confirm it.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even Abe known that's a fake, just look at his face! Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon