Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

NYINC 2023

NYINC, My favorite show of the year is only a few weeks away! Anyone else from the forum going to be there?

We'll be setup at table 801

Justin Meunier

Boardwalk Numismatics

Comments

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Justin. Unfortunately not this year. But I did end up listing a bunch of my mid-grade 8 Reales in the Stacks sale. Good luck with the show and let me know if an awesome portrait 8R comes across your table!

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be there, of course!

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    ClioClio Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will not be at this one. Going to go to the FUN show this go around but hope maybe next year to go to NYINC. Cheers!

https://numismaticmuse.com/ My Web Gallery

The best collecting goals lie right on the border between the possible and the impossible. - Andy Lustig, "MrEureka"

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m going😄

Also will have a table

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    jdmernjdmern Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

Hey Justin. Unfortunately not this year. But I did end up listing a bunch of my mid-grade 8 Reales in the Stacks sale. Good luck with the show and let me know if an awesome portrait 8R comes across your table!>

Will absolutely let you know if anything special for portrait 8's comes across Roman!

I will not be at this one. Going to go to the FUN show this go around but hope maybe next year to go to NYINC. Cheers!>

Will be at FUN also, but with a bit more limited inventory- Will be at table 351 for that one

I’m going😄

Also will have a table>

Dan, are you at the same table this year for NYINC?

Justin Meunier

Boardwalk Numismatics

• Options
    BailathaclBailathacl Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

See you there, Justin! Bring lots of goodies please.

"The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson
  • Options
    WCCWCC Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have always wanted to go once, to see if the inventory actually includes anything I want to buy, since dealer inventory elsewhere almost never has it. I used to travel to NY a lot, but only in 2001 this time of year and did not know about the show. For the last five (now six in 2023) years, I can't get away due to family reasons.

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going to go for a couple days. :smiley:

• Options
    ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭

Probably not - love the show, don’t care for the city.

• Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will be flying in from Tel Aviv for the week.

• Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭✭

I'm planning for my usual Friday at the show.

Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options

I nominate @EVillageProwler as social director and making sure there are adequate meet ups.

• Options
    ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭

I wonder if any of the dealers from this show will attend the 1st Annual International Money Exposition. The convention and show will be held October 26th through 29th, 2023 at the Music City Center, Downtown Nashville, Tennessee. The event will be known as “IMEX”.

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stork said:
    I nominate @EVillageProwler as social director and making sure there are adequate meet ups.

I’m not the best at this role. For one, I’m forgetful (yes, I actually forgot to hook up with a forum member once — felt terrible about it and still do!). Also, some of us here don’t care to spend time with me; it’s ok, we all are rushing to make deals or catch up with real friends. Finally, some of us don’t like some others. It’s not easy juggling that bit of complexity.

Bottom line: I decline but after I assign Stork the task of bringing her pretty Bu.

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 17, 2022 8:08PM

Dan, are you at the same table this year for NYINC?

Table 109 this year looking forward to see you Justin

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 17, 2022 8:27PM

Not me

• Options

@EVillageProwler said:

@Stork said:

I’m not the best at this role. For one, I’m forgetful (yes, I actually forgot to hook up with a forum member once — felt terrible about it and still do!). Also, some of us here don’t care to spend time with me; it’s ok, we all are rushing to make deals or catch up with real friends. Finally, some of us don’t like some others. It’s not easy juggling that bit of complexity.

Bottom line: I decline but after I assign Stork the task of bringing her pretty Bu.

EVP

Fine, I'll dig it up. But it comes home with me. :smiley:

• Options

I actually forgot to hook up with a forum member once

Keep in mind that a lot of the Euro dealers typically bring nice-looking material to the International. Dunno how fresh to the market it may be but...

• Options
    NapNap Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll be there!

• Options
    JesseKraftJesseKraft Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2022 6:55AM

The American Numismatic Society will be there! At this point, exactly which times I'll be there, I know not—but I will be there.

Jesse C. Kraft, Ph.D.
    Resolute Americana Curator of American Numismatics
    American Numismatic Society
    New York City

Member of the American Numismatic Association (ANA), British Numismatic Society (BNS), New York Numismatic Club (NYNC), Early American Copper (EAC), the Colonial Coin Collectors Club (C4), U.S. Mexican Numismatic Association (USMNA), Liberty Seated Collectors Club (LSCC), Token and Medal Society (TAMS), and life member of the Atlantic County Numismatic Society (ACNS).
    Become a member of the American Numismatic Society!

• Options
    AchoriAchori Posts: 85 ✭✭✭

I will be there, see you at FUN and NYINC

• Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭✭

B)

Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    BailathaclBailathacl Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Sounds great, will plan for it.

"The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson
  • Options
    angelo43angelo43 Posts: 61 ✭✭✭

For those going please check out the Meduno collection of Provas ay HA.com. I've been collection for over thirty years and have worked hard to get what I think is a great collection

• Options
    ELuisELuis Posts: 844 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jdmern maybe it is on my end, but the last times or days that I tried to access your website, it does not work, just fyi.

• Options

@jdmern maybe it is on my end, but the last times or days that I tried to access your website, it does not work, just fyi.>

Thanks for the heads up on that, we ran some updates on the site over the weekend and something got changed with the IP- got it resolved this morning and the site is back up!

Justin Meunier

Boardwalk Numismatics

• Options

@jdmern said:

@jdmern maybe it is on my end, but the last times or days that I tried to access your website, it does not work, just fyi.>

Thanks for the heads up on that, we ran some updates on the site over the weekend and something got changed with the IP- got it resolved this morning and the site is back up!

Just tried again on chrome and edge and same issue: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

HTH

• Options

Try clearing your browsers cache- if it has the old IP saved it won't load- Just tested it on 3 different devices here

Justin Meunier

Boardwalk Numismatics

• Options

@jdmern said:
    Try clearing your browsers cache- if it has the old IP saved it won't load- Just tested it on 3 different devices here

I did that, previous of posting the issue, re-did that and here same issue, I will will give it a try again in a few days, I have the site on my tabs and normally like to take a pick of the new coins.

Luis.-

• Options

@JohnnyCache said:
    working for me

just open my laptop and yes it is working now.

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

He changed IP address, so the global DNS caches needed to refresh.

Depending on the TTL values, it may take a while for your DNS server.

• Options

@jdmern If it's not too late and if you still have it, could you please take that really cool 1776 Paris, France Jeton
    (Feuardent-3747 PCGS MS65) with you to NYINC? I have a more modest version but love, love, love the sighthounds.

I'll be going up on the train Thursday and will be ready for the bourse on Friday.

• Options

@Stork - Absolutely!

Justin Meunier

Boardwalk Numismatics