Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

End of Roll Splice or a Fold ?

Am I correct to think the degrading paper in green is a sign of the end of a roll splice ?
see photos

Comments

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

No idea what you're talking about. What's a "roll splice"?

• Try page 390 of the US ERROR NOTE ENCYCLOPEDIA

Sorry, I lent my copy to a friend, so I don't have it handy. :/

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

So if that crease is a paper splice, edge pics should show the paper overlap. Over to you @niaf

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does the paper feel thicker where you see a splice ?

• The scan will let one blow it up it has almost a welded bead in the paper there are more but the picture is the best of the stash. I bought the Error Note Encyclopedia and waited with these Holiday
    Days for it to ship then it has a weak photo of the error. I really hate signing up to view larger photos it floods your e mails.
    So I asked.
    I will get out the few I kept yea I returned several back into circulation believing they had just been folded. Then I fiddled with one and it peeled apart, wish I had kept them.
    To be continued.

If you're talking joined paper then it should be far clearer in hand than in a photo.

• The scans I shared can be blown up they hold their focus pretty well.
    Here are a few closer ups.
    Have you ever seen one in hand ?
    I have looked at 20,000 face worth of 2 dollar notes these past few months
    and these were a first for me. Peeled one apart folded another along the crease
    and that is what told me it wasn't a fold that is by folding that note I could tell that what ever caused the line was not a folding.
    And with a Splices past values its easy to see why the info on them is weak.
    Having fun having my old mind on something rather than reruns .
    Hope you are to.

• NamVet hey it sunk in, going to find the lil camera with micro.
    thanks ...

I don’t know. It looks like a fold to me.
    If you’re that sure about it being an end of roll splice, send it in for authentication and get back to us with the results.

• Thanks again Nam Vet & here is a couple close ups for you.
    Left Overs: There you go again Daffy stating the obvious.

@niaf said:
    Left Overs: There you go again Daffy stating the obvious.

What’s obvious to me is your three current threads desperately trying to make an an error out of nothing. One of your thread titles has you stating that paper money comes from the Mint, a rookie mistake. I’m waiting on your next error thread about minor variances of watermarks.

• :D