Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PORTABLE SLAB CASES / STORAGE CASES. WHICH DO YOU PREFER ?

I have a Apache 3800 from Harbor Freight. I like it, but would like to hear about other card carrying cases as I am thinking of getting more cases and would like to know what collectors have to say about which ones they like and prefer.

Comments

• stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

pastime marketplace has nice cases.
    https://pastimemarketplace.com/

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 15, 2022 2:42PM

Zion XL slab case !
    Trust me it's awesome.
    I have about 15 of them..

• NorcalNorcal Posts: 275 ✭✭✭

I like the Apache cases. I have used them for a few years now.

• Many are similar so it's definitely a personal choice. I dig these foam insert ones.

• jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

I just bought a few Zion XL cases.

• pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 459 ✭✭✭

@Ridethelightning said:
    Many are similar so it's definitely a personal choice. I dig these foam insert ones>

That must be heavy when it's full.

• pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭

I have three different Pastime Marketplace cases. All great.

• DougGlattDougGlatt Posts: 48 ✭✭✭

WOW, Just saw this thread and bought this from Pastime..

• pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 459 ✭✭✭

@Ridethelightning said:
    Many are similar so it's definitely a personal choice. I dig these foam insert ones.

I also like the inside the Case Club, it looks like it may be a good quality case.

• DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

@Norcal said:

I always wondered about those. I have one pelican case that I use for my cards and it is excellent quality. The Apaches look similar, but I am uncertain about the quality. How have they held up for you? Does it still seal and is the rubber still good?

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • NorcalNorcal Posts: 275 ✭✭✭

@DeutscherGeist said:

@Norcal said:

I always wondered about those. I have one pelican case that I use for my cards and it is excellent quality. The Apaches look similar, but I am uncertain about the quality. How have they held up for you? Does it still seal and is the rubber still good?

I am impressed with the Apaches cases. I can’t compare them to the Pelican cases but I have had no issues. I only have to open my cases a few times a year but the seal and air valve works and looks perfect. I guess my only issue is with the foam that comes with it. You need to plan out how you want to place your cards and pull out the foam piece by piece.
    It’s not bad, it just takes time.

What are the outer dimensions of that Case Club? It looks like it can fit 105 slabs.

Also, does anyone know the outer dimensions of the large and XL pastime marketplace cases? For some reason, I cannot find it on their website.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

I found out that the pastime marketplace XL case is 22.5 in X 15 in X 8 in. I wonder what the Large size would be in terms of outer dimensions.

The XL is great as it may hold all my PSA cards and then some in top loaders and semi-rigids, but the large size may not fit all of my slabs, but it would be easier to carry around and move. The XL is too large to move regularly and is meant as a way to store cards at home. To me at least.

• Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

@DeutscherGeist said:
    What are the outer dimensions of that Case Club? It looks like it can fit 105 slabs.

Also, does anyone know the outer dimensions of the large and XL pastime marketplace cases? For some reason, I cannot find it on their website.

My Case Club that fits 108 PSA holders in individual cut slots measures 20.25" x 15.5" x 7.25" and weighs 20lbs when fully loaded.

The individual cut slots for each holder are why I bought these cases, very secure.

There is some maintenance to be done though, I find I had to trim excess foam in some slots to get the holders to fit well on each case I bought.

Tip: use snug fitting holder sleeves to prevent any scuffs from the foam on the PSA holder's plastic.

Thanks for the measurements and tip.

The Case Cube has similar features to the Pastime Marketplace storage case. The foam in either is better than the pull out customizable foam in other storage cases.

I am leaning towards a bulk case where PSA holders fit back to back in stack like fashion just to store more of my collection in one place. The case would probably weight 50 lbs when full, but it's something I would deem still moveable, but definitely not for carrying around unless on a small dolly.

I like the Pelican cases, but they do not have that exact fitting foam for graded cards that is efficient. My collection is in a Pelican right now. It's wonderful, but the Pastime Marketplace case deals with the space more efficiently as all graded cards and even ones in top loaders and other holders fit in well and secure.

I think there is so much variety in cases that some of it really does come down to preference.

• Would you mind having one of these

• 82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jannifer said:
    Would you mind having one of these

Folk these posts now in multiple threads/topics need to be flagged/reported. Folks do you part to keep this forum clean and safe and report.

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.