Home Sports Talk

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I started to watch the full segment earlier, but didn't have time to finish it. Let me digest that, think, and I'll be back...

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought it was going to come to blows there for a minute, especially when Shannon took his glasses off. These two get into some pretty heated arguments, but that was intense, Skip really really pissed him off. I've watched them a lot and Skip can be very stubborn when he decides that he likes or dislikes an athlete, like his non-stop criticism of Lebron James, I mean he rides Lebron to the point of insanity. Every mistake Lebron makes during every game and Skip is on Twitter pointing it out. He's worse than I am with Aaron Rodgers.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really do plan on commenting more on the Brady aspect, here or elsewhere. Later...lol

As for the two Ss, we know that much of the show is derived from script. In general. Much like on the other shows of this format, there are topics and the two men are given "sides". So in this example, how much of the disdain was real?

• Options

Once skip decides that someone is the GOAT, he will not back down from defending them. He does it with Jordan and Brady.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stupidly on TV. That’s all. When you’re bouncing your great great grandkids on your knee you can say you saw the greatest ever play football. Just like I can say I saw Jim Brown and all the other greats from the 60’s.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if it's scripted beforehand?

• Options

Regardless if it was scripted or not, I'm no Sharpe fan but skip was being unreasonable especially since Sharpe played a much more physical position than Brady

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've watched enough of those two to know how Undisputed operates. It is basically Skip's show. An inordinate amount of time is centered around his likes (Cowboys, Brady, Spurs, OU, Jordan) and his dislikes (LeBron et al).

Naturally via production meetings they know ahead of time what the debates are going to be about, but once the ball gets rolling they dont always know where it is going to take them. The emotions in that clip were very raw -- Shannon saying "effing" was telltale. And when the glasses came off (something I've never seen him do before), I knew he was dying to crawl across that table and two-piece Skip. But after the smoke evaporates, there's mutual respect. Those two have been working together for years. It's really no different than this place -- there have been times when the temperature in the water rises, but eotd we're all brothers and that always takes precedence.

For the record, I like Shannon a lot. I know many don't. But he is actually very sharp and insightful, and he's much more fair and balanced than the guy sitting across from him (which appeals to me greatly). There are times when I enjoy listening to Skip, but there are other times when I feel myself requiring a hard reset like Shannon in that clip. In Skip's mind, Tom Brady is a deity. He worships the guy. When it is time to mete out praise for a team accomplishment, TB always receives 110% of it from Skip. Conversely, he rarely, if ever, holds Brady accountable when things do not go according to plan. When that happens, Shannon injects some impartiality and that in turn creates a perfect ratings storm.........because the discussion goes completely off the rails like the one above.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    I've watched enough of those two to know how Undisputed operates. It is basically Skip's show. An inordinate amount of time is centered around his likes (Cowboys, Brady, Spurs, OU, Jordan) and his dislikes (LeBron et al).

Naturally via production meetings they know ahead of time what the debates are going to be about, but once the ball gets rolling they dont always know where it is going to take them. The emotions in that clip were very raw -- Shannon saying "effing" was telltale. And when the glasses came off (something I've never seen him do before), I knew he was dying to crawl across that table and two-piece Skip. But after the smoke evaporates, there's mutual respect. Those two have been working together for years. It's really no different than this place -- there have been times when the temperature in the water rises, but eotd we're all brothers and that always takes precedence.

For the record, I like Shannon a lot. I know many don't. But he is actually very sharp and insightful, and he's much more fair and balanced than the guy sitting across from him (which appeals to me greatly). There are times when I enjoy listening to Skip, but there are other times when I feel myself requiring a hard reset like Shannon in that clip. In Skip's mind, Tom Brady is a deity. He worships the guy. When it is time to mete out praise for a team accomplishment, TB always receives 110% of it from Skip. Conversely, he rarely, if ever, holds Brady accountable when things do not go according to plan. When that happens, Shannon injects some impartiality and that in turn creates a perfect ratings storm.........because the discussion goes completely off the rails like the one above.

This is pretty much a mic drop

Perfect dissertation bud

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

Typical reality TV which is anything but.

• Options

Shannon is lucky to have escaped that segment without receiving a mauling, you're looking at an American bad a..

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Shannon is lucky to have escaped that segment without receiving a mauling, you're looking at an American bad a..

Shannon would wipe him down 🤣🤣🤣🤣