Home Sports Talk
Options

Tom Brady talks about anger issues

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

The GOAT recently talked about his anger issues on the sidelines when things aren't going well. Personally, I don't have a problem with this kind of stuff, it shows that he really wants to win, which is what you want to see out of a quarterback.

Tom Brady finally admitted he can be a 'pretty bad sport,' and the tantrums back it up

Tom Brady has had a legendary career in the NFL and whenever he decides to finally call it quits (for good) he’s going to be known as the GOAT for quite some time.

If you’ve watched Brady the past few years, though you might have noticed his anger issues – the dude likes to throw some ugly fits during games.

He’ll throw tablets, scream at his offensive linemen, and go off on refs. Nobody is safe from Brady’s wrath when he feels like things didn’t go his way or that he felt like an official missed a pivotal call.

He gets very angry and it’s often tough to watch.

But you know what? It seems like Brady is self aware enough to realize that he can be a bad sport at times and self awareness is key. During his Sirius XM Let’s Go Podcast this week he talked about signing a ball for 49ers LB Dre Greenlaw, who intercepted the ball during the game. Brady said he was trying to be a good sport and that he wished he didn’t throw the interception.

Then he was pretty honest with his anger issues, saying:

“I’m trying to be a good sport because a lot of times I’m not a good sport, I can be a pretty bad sport.”

That’s some nice honesty right there from Brady. And again, all the tantrums back that up.

Knowing is half the battle and it seems like Brady, who shared some awesome moments with 49ers players after Sunday’s game, knows he can be a you-know-what sometimes during games.

Does this mean we might not see anymore tantrums from the GOAT?

I doubt it!

Comments

• Options
    edited December 14, 2022 1:38PM

I remember Troy Aikman ripping into his offensive line on the sidelines, heck, Jordan used to slap his teammates around if they were slacking off.

• Options

Here it is, Troy Aikman. It's basically no worse than a coach chewing his players out, trying to light a fire under your teammates a.., so they'll give maximum effort.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qNmcSpXRDfo

• Options
    edited December 14, 2022 2:11PM

I would rather play for a quarterback that yells at me and cares about winning than a quarterback like Jay Cutler, who just didn't seem to care at all.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought it was phenomenal sportsmanship when he signed that INT ball for that SF player after the game.

Regarding "Anger Issues" I'm fine with it, not just for Brady but for any ballplayer as long as he or she takes self responsibility and not vent about everyone else like Aaron Rodgers does.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    I would rather play for a quarterback that yells at me and cares about winning than a quarterback like Jay Cutler, who just didn't seem to care at all.

Completely agree

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I thought it was phenomenal sportsmanship when he signed that INT ball for that SF player after the game.

Regarding "Anger Issues" I'm fine with it, not just for Brady but for any ballplayer as long as he or she takes self responsibility and not vent about everyone else like Aaron Rodgers does.

Amen brother, luckily I found a way to deal with my anger when the Panthers play like garbage, I just beat the crap out of my Aaron Rodgers wrestling doll, only $12.99 but worth every nickel!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

Amen brother, luckily I found a way to deal with my anger when the Panthers play like garbage, I just beat the crap out of my Aaron Rodgers wrestling doll, only $12.99 but worth every nickel!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the anger thing is just so much more visible with Brady given his All Time stature. More of a microscope on everything he does.

I can remember SOOOO many baseball players throwing tantrums back in the day. Paul Oneil, David Ortiz, Will Clark...
    the list could go on and on

it just isnt magnified like with Brady because he is the GOAT

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.