Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

No More Ticket Stubs - Miss Them

brad31brad31 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 14, 2022 9:28AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Last night I was lucky enough to be in attendance for Ovi’s 800th goal. Very exciting to see it live and I think the crowd did a great job for a road crowd to honor him.

There are no paper tickets anymore for just about anything. Season tickets for the Cubs, Blackhawks and Bears are electronic only. I have thousands of ticket stubs over the years - sad not to have this one.

Here are a few photos and the ticket so you can all grab a screen shot and say you were there. It is just like an NFT!

Comments

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 14, 2022 9:50AM

Sad.
    Will be coins/money some day Im sure

Oh and also cards. NFTs
    Hope not for both

• fmclaug11fmclaug11 Posts: 325 ✭✭✭

As a ticket stub collector myself I also find it sad there are no more paper tickets. I find it interesting to have that physical link to great sporting events/achievements of the past…no more.

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

Start making nft ticket stubs. Now you are a billionaire. And now it’s gone.

• GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes progress isn't. I am also a fan of the stubs. Good to get an auto. on them at times.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 924 ✭✭✭

Some stadiums still allow for printed tickets at walkup. But I too miss ticket stubs. I've never sent any in for grading, but I have a bucket I kept them in. More important games I put into holders. I was at Game 6 for the Bucks Championship. You were able to buy a novelty ticket and put your seat number in there, so I did that. But man, I wanted nothing more than to have an actual ticket to an NBA Championship.

For years my wife and I would take trips and I kept every stub for MLB games we went to. That was the only souvenir from the trip that I wanted. Its a bummer they no longer print them.

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

hey @brad31

Good to see that you were safe on the West side... B)

• mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Love looking through mine and remembering awesome concerts I've been to.

PackManInNC
  • totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 924 ✭✭✭

@mexpo75 said:
    Love looking through mine and remembering awesome concerts I've been to.

I used to put all my concert ticket stubs in the back jewel case. I pulled them all before I sold my CDs off. Glad I did. I had so many, some of em them were fairly faded by the end of the night from sweating in the pit. Ha!

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 15, 2022 10:10AM

Mine are in two shoeboxes. I enjoy looking through them from time to time. A few I have with articles or scorecards from major events do not grade, sell or buy mine (they would all grade poor as they are in my pocket during the event). Fun to see the prices of games and concerts back in the day.

@GroceryRackPack said:
    hey @brad31

Good to see that you were safe on the West side... B)

It’s the West Loop now and has turned into one of the more desirable areas of the city believe it or not

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ticket stubs are fantastic. They bring physicality to a great memory.

• yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭

I definitely miss them as well. I have tickets to two Braves World Series games I went to in the 90s and wanted to share that experience with my two sons who were able to go with me to a World Series game for the Bravos last year. Alas not to be.

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

I absolutely hate that we get no ticket stubs anymore.
    I save a lot of my concert tickets thinking about getting some of them slabbed now.
    Probably a few good ones here..
    Good Times !

@picklepete said:
    I save a lot of my concert tickets thinking about getting some of them slabbed now.
    Good Times !

Love the old TicketTron ones. Some great concerts there.

@brad31 said:

@picklepete said:
    Good Times !

Love the old TicketTron ones. Some great concerts there.

Thx.. in my 65 yrs I've been fortunate to see some damn good shows..
    Great era for music.

• oilers99oilers99 Posts: 203 ✭✭✭

I saw Bruce Springsteen at the opening of Staples Center.

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

My only slabbed stub:

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:
    My only slabbed stub:

That's awesome Dan!

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • stevebaystevebay Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

A little bit off topic, but hardly any venues even print programs/magazines. I used to buy a program for every new baseball stadium I visited when out of town.

@stevebay said:
    A little bit off topic, but hardly any venues even print programs/magazines. I used to buy a program for every new baseball stadium I visited when out of town.

I had not noticed that. Was always a good souvenir - easy to store and like a stub a good memory of the event.

• mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

WOW!!! What an awesome collection of tickets. That's when music was real music. Thanks for sharing.

PackManInNC
  • miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does PSA ever offer a ticket grading special among the monthly/quarterly specials? I have only sent cards in for grading and never really had any stubs to send so I didn't pay any attention to whether or not it was ever on the specials options. I have one I'd like to get into a graded holder and wondering if I should just send in the single item w/o special.

• fmclaug11fmclaug11 Posts: 325 ✭✭✭

They had a $15 ticket special in early 2021 during which I submitted quite a few. If they had another special like that I’d have a lot more to send in…but not at current prices.

If they run a ticket special anytime next year I'll definitely have some of them slabbed

• clarke442clarke442 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭✭

My ACTUAL Birthday

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 28, 2022 5:46AM

Cool. Back when SGC graded tickets. Too bad they don't anymore. I heard a rumor that Beckett was going to start grading tickets, but haven't seen anything yet on their website.

Here's a frame of some of my tickets where i attended. Mostly concerts. The Steelers ticket is from 1997 at three Rivers. The Reds vs Pirates ticket is from 1992.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

@clarke442 said:
    My ACTUAL Birthday

Inflation adjusted that's only $36 get in price - what a bargain for a WS game!

Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 28, 2022 7:54AM

@brad31

The Capitals are giving an opportunity for ticket holders from the December 23 game to submit to have a physical ticket stub mailed to them. See below.

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2022/12/24/capitals-offering-physical-ticket-redemption-for-alex-ovechkins-milestone-802-goal-game/

ETA: sorry just realized you were at a different game. Teams should always have this option. Even if it’s not a historic event, maybe it was the first game with a kid, or a memorable first date, whatever. Charge $5 for the service. Always looking for another revenue stream.

@GreenSneakers said:
    @brad31

The Capitals are giving an opportunity for ticket holders from the December 23 game to submit to have a physical ticket stub mailed to them. See below.

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2022/12/24/capitals-offering-physical-ticket-redemption-for-alex-ovechkins-milestone-802-goal-game/

ETA: sorry just realized you were at a different game. Teams should always have this option. Even if it’s not a historic event, maybe it was the first game with a kid, or a memorable first date, whatever. Charge $5 for the service. Always looking for another revenue stream.

Thanks for thinking of me when you saw that!! Good that the Caps are taking care of their fans. Hope it is specific seats. The Cubs printed season tickets for us the first year of electronic ticket but every booklet was the same section, row and seat number.

• gonzergonzer Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 30, 2022 3:37AM

-