Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Advise / expert opinion needed

My first ever world bank note on my learning curve, I bought the cheap one, so my damage won't be that big as a beginner

on this bank note, Japanese Government invasion note, ten pesos, I notice:
1. No serial number (do some digging on internet, result -->ok
2. Blur picture on two natives riding water buffalo --> doubt
3. Paper and print feels ---> highly doubtable (like printed on HVS40gr or thinner and come from normal dot printer, can't feel any high - low point)
4. Watermark --> can't find any
5. Price wise ---> big positive, any counterfeiter should not touch this banknote simply because the price is very cheap, and doesn't worth the effort, I bought for $3 include shipping

claimed as uncirculated

Your advise is very much appreciated on my journey to beautiful numismatic world

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

The first thing I'd do is minimize the handling of the notes. Why not lay it on a clean surface instead of your hand?

It appears to be uncirculated.

The quality of JIM (Japanese Invasion Money) varies widely. Some issues are printed with engraved plates on high quality paper and some have watermarks, but most issues are lower quality. There was a war on, after all.

Yours seems to be authentic. It is an extremely common note, but in uncirculated condition any JIM is worth saving.

P.S. - there is usually a slight impression of the red letters into the paper, even of the rest of the printing is "flat".

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum.
    Is there a reason why you would post the images upside down ?

• Options
    tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

@Steve_in_Tampa said:
    Welcome to the forum.

He's in the southern hemisphere :)

• Options
    tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome!...some info in Japanese Pesos... https://thesprucecrafts.com/what-is-a-japanese-peso-5204187

• Options

@Steve_in_Tampa said:
    Welcome to the forum.

I have no idea why the image is upside down, just took the picture out of camera and upload> @tomtomtomtom said:

Welcome!...some info in Japanese Pesos... https://thesprucecrafts.com/what-is-a-japanese-peso-5204187

Thank you!

• Options

@JBK said:
    The first thing I'd do is minimize the handling of the notes. Why not lay it on a clean surface instead of your hand?

Noted

It appears to be uncirculated.

The quality of JIM (Japanese Invasion Money) varies widely. Some issues are printed with engraved plates on high quality paper and some have watermarks, but most issues are lower quality. There was a war on, after all.

Ah I see, mine is low quality print definitely

Yours seems to be authentic. It is an extremely common note, but in uncirculated condition any JIM is worth saving.

Definitely

P.S. - there is usually a slight impression of the red letters into the paper, even of the rest of the printing is "flat".

Noted

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nisd07 said:

Ah I see, mine is low quality print definitely

Actually, some issues were a lot lower quality printing than this one. :p

The 10 pesos are fairly decent as far as JIM notes are concerned.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

(Holding phone upside down) hey I like but that's about it