Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

For Sale: Lembit coin holders (from Sweden and no longer made): PRICE REDUCED - SALE Pending

gscoinsgscoins Posts: 287 ✭✭✭

I have about 389 2" x 2" Lembit coin holders that I purchased many years ago from a San Francisco coin dealer, Peter Hamilton (who, I am very sad to say, is no longer with us). These were manufactured by a Swedish company called Lembit; from what I can tell, it is now out of business. The holders I have are in various metric sizes: 20 mm, 24 mm, 27 mm, 30 mm, 39 mm and 41 mm. The majority of them are unused, but the used holders are fully capable of being reused. Each holder has a hard plastic outer sleeve and a clear plastic non-PVC folded insert that holds the coin and slides into the outer sleeve. I used them to hold my uncirculated coin collection (they worked extremely well), but have sold most of the coins over the years (or had them graded) and, in any case, had more holders than I needed. This picture illustrates how they are used:

Here's a picture of these six sizes (there is also a 35 mm, but I have none of these):

And, finally, here's a picture of a coin (fittingly, Swedish!) showing a coin inside one of these holders:

I have 60 of the 20 mm size, 57 of the 24 mm, 96 of the 27 mm, 60 of the 30 mm, 112 of the 39 mm and 4 of the 41 mm.

I would sell the entire lot for $100 (which includes Priority Mail shipping), so send me a PM if you're interested. If you want less than all of them, send a PM with the quantities and sizes you want and I'll get you a quote. To be fair, this will be first come, first served. I am going to list them on the US BST site as well, since they work very well for US coin denominations.

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Options

I just found the receipts from Peter Hamilton for these Lembit holders. Based on what he sold them to me for, my earlier price was too high. The entire lot as described above would be $100, including Priority Mail shipping. If you want less than the whole group, send me a PM with your wants and I'll give you a price.

Thanks.

• Options
    MapsOnFireMapsOnFire Posts: 194 ✭✭✭

PM sent.

• Options
    MapsOnFireMapsOnFire Posts: 194 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'm still here, and I still would like to buy all of those Lembit holders.

• Options

PM back to you, MapsOnFire.