Home Sports Talk
Options

RIP Rebecca Howe

Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP for Kristi Alley.

She was in Cheers which had Mayday Malone as the owner. Malone was a pitcher for the Red Sox, so sports related.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.

Comments

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 7, 2022 10:55AM

Yeah, when I heard she had died I was pretty surprised. :'(

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 7, 2022 11:18AM

I had the pleasure of meeting her once. I was at a Book Fair many years ago in Glendale, California. I was standing behind a young lady with the most beautiful long auburn hair. I coud see over her shoulder and I noticed the books she was holding. We had a similar taste in classic literature. I mentioned to her that her books were very rare first editions. She turned and looked at me.....Oh!....What a beautiful woman!...Her eyes were like nothing I'd ever seen..and a very friendly smile..... I recognized her but didn't know who she was. I don't watch much TV. Anyway, after paying for our books we went over to the dining area and had a nice conversation about book collecting. She was a very intelligent woman. Brains and beauty...great combination. I knew she was a celebrity but I never asked her name. Not appropriate and it would have sidetracked our talk. So, later on at some point I figured out who she was. After that I always referred to her as "My Kirsti.". Well, The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant told me yesterday, " Your Kristi died. Only 71 years old." Oh, well.....life is so damn short....sad.

Here's To My Kirsti.....R.I.P., Lovely Lady!

Oh,....Those Eyes!

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

She is likely the most attractive Vulcan ever to play on the big screen in the Star Trek franchise.

As for her Rebecca Howe role in Cheers, my favorite episode that she played in was the one where she and Sam Malone were together, alone, in an elevator. She lead Sam to believe that romance in the elevator was going to happen. Sam ended up being tied up, partially clothed, alone (after Rebecca left the elevator) with the elevator descending to the ground floor where the door opened to a number of persons waiting to get on the elevator.

Very funny.

RIP Lt. Saavik/Rebecca Howe/Kirsti Alley.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

colon cancer is no joke

but it's preventable

go get a colonoscopy people.......it'll be the best sleep of your life

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

btw a story about the lovely one tying up a half nekkid fire hydrant in a public elevator in 3, 2, 1....................

• Options
    edited December 7, 2022 2:15PM

@galaxy27 said:
    btw a story about the lovely one tying up a half nekkid fire hydrant in a public elevator in 3, 2, 1....................

I WISH! Only Problem Is....It was a one story building..... No Elevator!..... The parking lot would have worked though..... I Can Dream!

Glendale Civic Auditorium.....

• Options
    edited December 10, 2022 11:31AM

@galaxy27 said:

Thanks, Galixico!!!.....You're bringing back memories! I met a woman in an elevator. We were all alone!...I spent years with that creep.....She was a stalker!........Up and Down...... Up and Down...... Up and Down...... Up and Down.......

Oh,....Baby!

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ms. Alley's RIP thread is getting off track, perhaps...