Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Old versus New PCGS Holder

The newer sleeve has bar coding and serial # lookup. Question? The older versions did not have this feature?

Regards! To all

Comments

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭

They did have the bar code but there was a period of time it was useless because you were not able to look it up due to post PCGS-C license leasing termination, which resulted in turmoil and loss of access.

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with @synchr

• Options
    Ted 1Ted 1 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭

@synchr said:
    They did have the bar code but there was a period of time it was useless because you were not able to look it up due to post PCGS-C license leasing termination, which resulted in turmoil and loss of access.

Isn't it still useless? There's still no way to verify a PCGS-C note.

Rare Nationals &
    Lowball Sacagawea Dollars (PO01-VF35)

--- SUCCESSFUL BST TRANSACTIONS ---
    braddick, Omegaraptor, JWP, EagleScout2017, OAKSTAR, Twobitcollector, boxerdad, OKCC, Fancycashcom, JimW, MWallace, Tookybandit, TeacherCollector, jeffas1974, mainejoe, kansasman, Cent1225, SurfinxHI, Soldi, Histman, CurrenSee, jclovescoins, Outhaul, Timbuk3, LEMONHEAD_PENNY, daverickey, Maxcrusha, RedSeals
  • Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 11, 2023 5:46AM

I know of no way to verify.

OTOH, buy the note not the holder...

...and then turn it for a healthy profit!
    I have had amazing luck and fortune, buying/cracking out PCGS-C 58PPQ and receiving 3+ level upgrades

• Options
    Ted 1Ted 1 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭

@synchr said:
    I know of no way to verify.

OTOH, buy the note not the holder...

...and then turn it for a healthy profit!
    I have had amazing luck and fortune, buying/cracking out PCGS-C 58PPQ and receiving 3+ level upgrades

Very true. They tended to grade harsher.

Rare Nationals &
    Lowball Sacagawea Dollars (PO01-VF35)

--- SUCCESSFUL BST TRANSACTIONS ---
    braddick, Omegaraptor, JWP, EagleScout2017, OAKSTAR, Twobitcollector, boxerdad, OKCC, Fancycashcom, JimW, MWallace, Tookybandit, TeacherCollector, jeffas1974, mainejoe, kansasman, Cent1225, SurfinxHI, Soldi, Histman, CurrenSee, jclovescoins, Outhaul, Timbuk3, LEMONHEAD_PENNY, daverickey, Maxcrusha, RedSeals