Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Grand Rapids $10 Bill HELP

Was wondering if anyone had a way to look up the value of this bill?

Is there a program to buy to search the number?

Any help would be awesome

Comments

• Options
    JDsCoinsJDsCoins Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

Thanks Steve! Appears to be a wide range pf prices ha

• Options
    Ted 1Ted 1 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭

Looks to be a 1933-1934 bank

Rare Nationals &
    Lowball Sacagawea Dollars (PO01-VF35)

--- SUCCESSFUL BST TRANSACTIONS ---
    braddick, Omegaraptor, JWP, EagleScout2017, OAKSTAR, Twobitcollector, boxerdad, OKCC, Fancycashcom, JimW, MWallace, Tookybandit, TeacherCollector, jeffas1974, mainejoe, kansasman, Cent1225, SurfinxHI, Soldi, Histman, CurrenSee, jclovescoins, Outhaul, Timbuk3, LEMONHEAD_PENNY, daverickey, Maxcrusha, RedSeals
  • Options

@Ted 1 said:
    Looks to be a 1933-1934 bank

I am slowly learning more about currency so what that mean if you don't mind me asking?

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

The charter number is 13758 which is quite late. Only Type II notes would have been issued for this Bank. One can look at the note and see it is a type II note based on the charter number placement (again) near the serial # and there is no letter at the end of that serial #. My experience is later charter numbers can be tough to find. In this instance, there seems to be a decent number issued given the serial number A008257. But it really boils down to surviving population.

As for the grade, I will reserve judgment until my question as to the lower fight corner is addressed- do we have a miscut at the lower right or is a small portion of the note folded and just covered- if it is not miscut, that would help as the cut seems to penetrate into the design.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

Oh just a currency sleeve over the bottom corner of the bill is all that is haha sorry