Home Q & A Forum

Buffalo Nickels Question

I have 150 total Nickels. 134 of them I cannot makeout the year. The others range from 1927-1937.

I can’t find the guide for this to send them to PCGS for grading. How much does it cost to send all of these to PCGS for appraisal? There’s a local coin shop here, but I feel as if that’s going to be a lowball offer due to him wanting to re-sell them.

Comments

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Overwatch Welcome. Might I suggest you buy a Buffalo Nickel guide book. The Red Book guide version is good. Lots to learn and know about Buffs, especially if you are attracted to collecting them. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• OwnerofawheatiehordeOwnerofawheatiehorde Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want to get the date on the dateless ones you could use nic-a-date, hydrogen peroxide bath, or a use a diluted acid.

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nicadate is nitric acid. It shall reveal a date but also damages the coin. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall