Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Great pair of videos on an amazing collection

If you've never watched them before, "Chasing Cardboard" on Youtube is a pair of dealers who travel around buying collections. They come across as very likable and their videos involve a lot of getting to know the people behind the collections they're buying. Their newest videos are a pair covering a widely-varied vintage collection with tons of great stuff in it. And the stories told in the videos are just great. They're both 30 minutes are so but totally worth your time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq3V2GAOtX8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO2_KVl6ULM

Comments

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been waiting on the follow up to that great collection from their previous show. Thanks for posting this!

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2022 12:13PM

@erikthredd said:
    I've been waiting on the follow up to that great collection from their previous show. Thanks for posting this!

Agreed, thanks! They mention a Babe Ruth card that had an $85 dollar sticker on it. OMG! If you had a chance to collect before the 80's explosion you could get some great deals.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

You're welcome. The collection is just awesome - and then they head into the basement for the "other" collections!

• Options
    judgebuckjudgebuck Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

I am glad I spent the time to watch these two videos. That was a remarkable collection of vintage cards.

Always looking for Mantle cards such as Stahl Meyer, 1954 Dan Dee, 1959 Bazooka, 1960 Post, 1952 Star Cal Decal, 1952 Tip Top Bread Labels, 1953-54 Briggs Meat, and other Topps, Bowman, and oddball Mantles.