Home Sports Talk

The Broncos suck so bad

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

That the NFL has removed them from their last scheduled primetime game and replaced it with the Chargers vs Dolphins game.

NFL Spares Fans From Broncos In Primetime

The NFL has finally heard the fans’ complaints regarding scheduling, and they answered by removing the Broncos from an upcoming primetime matchup.

The news was announced on Tuesday that the Denver Broncos Sunday night game on December 11th against the Chiefs has been flexed to the afternoon slot at 4 PM. This will spare fans from watching the putrid Broncos on Primetime. The Los Angeles Chargers and Miami Dolphins has been moved to that slot.

Pro Football Talk’s account wrote, “How bad are the Broncos? Bad enough that the NFL would take a Patrick Mahomes game out of prime time to avoid subjecting us to them, apparently,” while Matt Verderame of FanSided commented, “The Broncos are so brutal they got Patrick Mahomes flexed out of primetime.”

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

You see, they were supposed to play the Chiefs in primetime on December 11th.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a smart move and makes perfect sense.

The Broncos are pathetic, I doubt even Denver people are interested in watching that clown show

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

They suck so bad that they got Mahomes bumped out of the primetime slot, they have to be the biggest disappointment this season.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just never bought in Russell Wilson after last year’s performance blaming it on his finger injury. I thought mortgaged the farm was a mistake Denver will pay for for years to come. They could have held one one more year and drafted a QB from this QB heavy draft.
    The Rams bought a Super Bowl title last year but at what cost to their future? Cooper Cupp may not stick around after seeing this quick demise. Stafford had a fairy tale year but it’s been costly

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trade result:
    Seahawks 1, Broncos 0

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

Denver is my favorite team.

This year has been painful to watch the team play.

Maybe next year will be better with a new coach; however if Wilson continues to play as he has (on the decline, aka falling off of a cliff), the Broncos will likely be a non factor for years into the future.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

So is John elway too old to make a comeback?🫢

edited December 4, 2022 5:47PM

Half a loaf time for the 2022 edition of the Broncos.

The Broncos defense is very good.

The offense is very bad.

Put them together and you have a 3-9 team headed for the top 3 spots in the 2023 draft.

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII said:
    Half a liaf time for the 2022 edition of the Broncos.

The Broncos defense is very good.

The offense is very bad.

Put them together and you have a 3-9 team headed for the top 3 spots in the 2023 draft.

Doesn't that 2023 pick go to the Seahawks?

• MartinMartin Posts: 923 ✭✭✭✭✭

>

Doesn't that 2023 pick go to the Seahawks?

Yep it does

Martin

Oops.

Forgot about the 2023 pick ghb oing to Seattle. Bet Seattle did not expect Denver to be so bad this year,............. or maybe Seattle did and kept their knowledge of Wilson locked away in a secure location.

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the Broncos had scored exactly 18 points in regulation in every game, they would be 9-3.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:
    If the Broncos had scored exactly 18 points in regulation in every game, they would be 9-3.

Wow that is insane!

Their D is definitely legit, it's got to really frustrate everyone in Denver, paying Russell Wilson all that money and to see their offense be catastrophically inept.

Die hard Denver Bronco fans are used to frustrations, going back to the founding of the franchise and those horrible teams with the ugly vertical striped socks.

From the founding in 1960 through the mid 1970's the Broncos were terrible and a door mat. Then in the mid 1970's the franchise had its first winning season. From that point forward, the Broncos have had really great success at times (including 8 Super Bowl appearances and 3 Superbowl wins). At other times they have had average to terrible success.

With the team having been recently sold, it will be interesting to see how the new ownership (the Walton family I think) handles the operation of the franchise. Hopefully the team will get back on track and challenge for playoff spots and championships in the near future.