Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Are there any counterfeit Topps 1964 cards?

JWBlueJWBlue Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
edited November 30, 2022 5:08PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

I posted this on Net54 and was given some good information. Before returning the card I wanted to find out if anyone has any more information. Is it possible there was another print run from Topps with thinner stock? I just can't imagine there are counterfeits of these.

I bought a Tommy John 1964 Tommy John card that looks too good to be true. Other than centering it looks Gem Mint. Pristine. It looks like like a reprint.

I have another of these cards and the stock on the card I bought recently looks noticeably thinner.

Here is the listing.

Listing

Someone mentioned this on Net54:

I had a dealer show me some blazing gem mint 1964 Topps here at a show in Florida about a year ago…. he wasn’t selling them because he suspected they might not be real as they were very thin. On inspection the colors all looked great but no question they seemed thinner than any 1960s Topps cards I’d ever handled. Don’t remember if the backs were white or cream . This is just information to add to the thread….. and man those cards were about perfect on the corners and centering….. maybe too perfect?? He wasn’t selling and I wasn’t buying and we left it at that.

Comments